It is not mandatory that healthy can’t be tasty.
NO! That’s a big mistake and a wrong perception which I am going to burst right way by introducing this delicious and nutritious, “Healthy Hot Chocolate”.
If you are in a mood to feel warm and comfortable, try out this healthy hot chocolate that is nourished with the goodness of soy milk, jaggery powder, and dark chocolate. All of them are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. And it is not only healthy but deliciously awesome.
It does provide health benefits to you, strange? No, it truly does nourish your soul and provides you nutrition and some health benefits too.
- Supports bone health.
- Aids calcium absorption.
- May helps lower cholesterol.
- Supports heart health.
- Cleanses the whole body.
- Improves digestion.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 5-19 minutes
Calories: 120 kcal
|1.||Homemade vanilla flavored soy milk||1 cup|
|2.||Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 tbsp.|
|3.||Custard powder||1 tsp.|
|4.||Dark chocolate||10 g.|
|5.||Jaggery powder||1.5 tsp.|
|6.||Spice mix||¼ tsp.|
- In a pan, pour the homemade vanilla flavored soy milk, and warm it gently.
- Grate or finely chop the dark chocolate into a bowl.
- Pour a little amount of the slightly warm soy milk onto it.
- And mix nicely. (Make sure to neither add hot milk nor completely cold milk, so as to avoid any lump formation)
- Now add custard powder and cocoa powder to it and then add a little amount of the warm milk again.
- Just after that, add the jaggery powder and the spice mix to it.
- And mix it nicely again.
- Now add the whole batter into the pan with the rest of the soy milk.
- And give it a nice boil by stirring continuously.
- Pour the “Healthy Hot Chocolate” into your cup and it is ready to drink!
- You can top it off with some cocoa powder and you are ready to go.
Note: To avoid the milk from sticking to the pan while boiling the hot chocolate, you can use a non-stick ceramic base pan. I am using a steel pan although.
Soy milk has high potassium content and can be supplemented with vitamins A, B-12, and D. Calcium, the most prevalent mineral in your body, is abundant in soy milk. It contains similar protein content when compared to cow’s milk, and is even lower in calories.
Jaggery purifies the blood and cleanses the respiratory tract, the lungs, and also the digestive tract. It is one of the richest sources of iron.
Dark chocolate contains a decent amount of soluble fiber and is loaded with minerals.
|120 Kcal||16 g||4.5 g||6 g|
Calories: 120 kcal
Count on this “Hot chocolate” on a lazy day to boost up your energy and lift your soul.