This is the best High Protein Snack for Weight loss discovered.
It’s a combination of two Indian superfoods; Jaggery also known as gur and chana.
It is termed as the “Traditional snack of Indian families”, as it is not only highly nutritious but, tasty and filling as well.
As per Ayurveda, it is claimed to be the most nourishing food combination.
The combination of roasted Chana and Gur or jaggery is a powerhouse of protein & energy, besides having numerous other health benefits.
ROASTED CHANA NUTRITION
25g of roasted chana has:
It also contains some rich vitamins like B6, C, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, and minerals including manganese, phosphorus, iron, and copper.
Gur is high in iron, potassium, antioxidants and is a popular replacement for refined sugar. Here is the nutritional value of gur:
10g of Jaggery has:
Combination of Gur chana 1 Serving
BENEFITS OF GUR CHANA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- It boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss.
- It is enriched with good quality protein, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- It promotes stronger muscles.
- It activates the digestive enzymes in our body, thus helps in the proper digestion of food.
- It helps in cleansing and detoxifying the body.
- It helps prevents constipation as both the food items are a good source of fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
- It helps boost immunity as it is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium.
- It gives you a boost of energy and helps you stay energized and reduce hunger pangs as of a bonus.
- It is listed as a good post-workout snack.
BENEFITS OF GUR CHANA FOR WOMEN
- It improves & cures iron deficiency.
- Jaggery is a natural source of glycolic acid and Chana has magnesium and zinc, both help enhances glowing skin.
- Jaggery is rich in iron and contributes to your daily iron requirement, and thus is recommended during pregnancy.
- It is also known to purify blood and breast milk, thereby offering nourishment to the baby during pregnancy and even after birth, therefore it is recommended for nursing and lactating mothers.
- It is good for menstruating women as it not only makes up for the loss of blood from the body as jaggery is a rich source of iron and chana is rich in protein, but it also helps to release endorphins that relax one’s body.
- It helps manage stress as it helps your body make the hormones serotonin which regulates mood & norepinephrine which helps you cope with stress.
OTHER IMPORTANT BENEFITS OF GUR CHANA
- Roasted grams are beneficial in treating respiratory diseases.
- Helps in better sleep & reduces night hunger.
- It improves heart health.
- Gout patients benefit greatly from the daily intake of Gur Chana.
- Eating jaggery and gram together intensifies the mind. It contains Vitamin B6 which increases memory. Therefore, it is good for the mind as well.
- It prevents cavities because they have high phosphorus content.
- If you experience frequent urination, then the consumption of roasted chickpeas with jaggery is known to be useful.
HOW TO CONSUME GUR CHANA?
- Just combine both gur and chana in a cup and consume simply.
- Soak a handful of chana in a glass of water overnight. Consume with a small piece of jaggery. Make sure to chew on the mixture slowly.
- Melt jaggery and coat chana to make the crispy caramelized snack.
- You can make gur chana roti.
- You can make gur chana Chikki.
- You can make gur chana ladoo.
- You can also consume gur chana energy bites.
- It may cause allergies in some people who are allergic to any of the ingredients used.
- Overeating this combination can lead to weight gain because extreme of anything is harmful.
- Excessive eating may result in Bloating, intestinal gas, cramps, and diarrhea.
You can take complete advantage of this amazing high protein snack, “GUR CHANA”, as it benefits the body in every possible way. This article gives you almost all the information you need to know about this amazing snack combination. Make sure you consume it wisely and enjoy it.