This no-pectin homemade mango jam recipe is rich, delectable, and so addicting that you might find yourself eating spoonful’s straight from the jar. My aunt used to make this incredible mango jam and would often bring us some. I recall eating this jam plain with a spoon and finding it difficult to stop!
And a glimmer of nutrients in a fantastic and delectable recipe won’t go amiss.
Along with the mouthwatering raw mangoes, this recipe is fortified with the nourishment of jaggery powder, chia seeds, and lemon juice.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Cleanses and detoxifies the body.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Supports and eases digestion, and thus prevents constipation and bloating.
- May boost immunity.
- Enhance hair and skin health.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
|1.||Raw green mango||3|
|2.||Jaggery powder||½ -1 cup|
|3.||Chia seeds||1.4 tbsp.|
- Peel the raw mangoes and chop them roughly.
- Add the chopped raw mangoes into a mixer and make a paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the other set of chopped raw mangoes and make the paste.
- Cook the raw mango paste in the pan.
- Now add the jaggery powder into the pan.
- Crush and mix it well with the paste.
- Sprinkle some salt and mix again.
- The consistency of the jam matters the most. To check the consistency of the jam, take a plate, add a little amount of jam, and tilt the plate; if the jam sticks and doesn’t run off, that indicates the completion of preparation of jam.
- Now once the jam is cooled a bit, add lemon juice and chia seeds to it.
- Chia seeds will thicken the consistency of the jam and provide it a nice crunchy texture.
- And your “HEALTHY MANGO CHIA JAM” is ready!
- Transfer the jam into an already sterilized jar.
- Since raw mango is very sour you can vary the amount of jaggery powder as per taste and you can add up to 1 cup.
- Make sure to cook on low heat.
- Make sure to add the lemon once the heat is off and the mixture is cooled down a bit.
- Don’t cook in an aluminum or iron pan. (I am using a ceramic pan which is safer as compared to Teflon coating pans)
- Store the jam in a sterilized glass bottle/ jar.
- You can store the jam in the refrigerator for 1-2 months.
Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, K, potassium, beta carotene, folate, choline, and magnesium.
Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, and zinc with very few calories.
Jaggery contains small amounts of B vitamins and minerals including zinc, phosphorus, and copper. Also, it is known to be the best plant-based iron source available.
Lemon juice is a very good source of Vitamin C.
Don’t forget to try this delicious accompaniment into your day-to-day meals.