Vegan means prohibiting meat, eggs, dairy, and every food source derived from animals, and only being dependent on plants for survival and nutrition.
Now you might have heard many people around switching to a vegan diet, why is it so?
Some of the people out of the population were already vegan, and others are also shifting to follow this trend because of the following benefits:
But taking a short break and trying a vegan lifestyle is not only good for health but the environment as well.
Talking about people who follow a vegan diet might also be fond of coffee, I mean who doesn’t like coffee. The majority of the world’s population is intensely fond of coffee. Black coffee is prepared without milk, but if you want to sip that awesome rich and creamy milk coffee, then that’s a struggle. Although people have come with an alternative for it too, eg: using almond milk or soy milk or coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
But we have another very interestingly new alternative option for your vegan coffee, that is “Oats Milk”
Oats milk, prepared simply from oats and water is not only vegan but at the very same time a very good source of protein and fiber that not only gives you a creamy delicious coffee but loads of nutrition as well.
“OATS MILK” is not only vegan, but lactose, soy, and nut-free as well!
- Regulates blood sugar levels.
- Contains bone-strengthening minerals.
- May lower blood cholesterol.
- Relieves cough and sore throat.
- Improves fertility.
- Plays the role of an energy booster.
- Improves memory and eases mental fatigue.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
Calories: 66 Kcal/serve
|1.||Quick Oats||3 tbsp.|
|3.||Mishri (Rock Sugar)||2 tbsp.|
|4.||Instant Coffee||2 tbsp.|
|5.||Cocoa Powder||As Required|
|6.||Vanilla Extract||As Required|
- FOR MAKING OATS MILK
Take 1.5 tbsp. for 1 cup of milk.
- Take the up-listed quantity of oats in a bowl and pour some water, cover it with a lid and let it rest.
- It will become creamy oats milk.
- FOR MAKING COFFEE MIXTURE
Mix instant coffee and Mishri.
- Grind Mishri in a grinder into a powdered form.
- Transfer it into a cup and add instant coffee to it.
- Add a little amount of water to it and mix it well.
- Mix it until it gets a creamy appearance.
Note: This prepared instant coffee can serve up to 4-5 persons.
- FINAL ASSEMBLING
- In a glass, transfer the oats milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.
- Blend well in a blender.
- Add some water if required for balancing the consistency.
- Now, in a pan add the blended mixture by straining it.
- Keep in mind to not heat the oat milk on high heat as it will stick to the bottom & may develop lumps. Hence warm it on low heat and keep stirring continuously.
- Take a cup and add a big spoon of instant coffee at the bottom and add the mixture onto it.
- Again add a spoon of instant coffee and mix it real slow.
- Your deliciously tempting “Vegan Coffee” is ready!
The oat milk prepared and used by me is thick to give the coffee a rich and creamy texture; however, you can make it light by adding more water to oat milk.
Oats Milk is a great source of fiber and vitamins, particularly B vitamins. Also, it’s naturally free of any allergens or irritants.
|66 Kcal||16 g||3 g||5 g|
Calories: 66 Kcal/serve
Enjoy this deliciously alluring creamy “Vegan Coffee” without any tension or guilt.