Before directly hoping onto the recipe of “Detox Waters” that you are actually looking for, I would like to give some general knowledge about the topic for your better and clearer understanding.
So, detoxification is essentially the metabolic process by which toxins present in the body are converted into less toxic or more easily excretable compounds.
Now when you know what detoxification is, the immediate questions that arises to the mind are:
- How you come know that your body needs detoxification?
- Why do we need it?
How you come know that your body needs detoxification?
You agree or not, but body tells and show signs for what it needs and what not! So here are some identifiable signs that indicate that you need to detox your body:
- Feeling restless or tires after sleep or disturbed sleep cycle.
- You are overweight and are stuck at it despite all the efforts.
- You experience extreme unhealthy cravings all the time.
- Having skin problems constantly.
- Suffering from digestive problems on a daily basis.
- You feel depressed, sluggish, and tired all the time.
- Lack of mental clarity.
Now, the reasons could be many, and it is you who can figure that out, it could be any one of them or sometimes all of them.
Why do we need it?
By having a look at the health benefits, it provides, you might automatically get the answer to the question.
- Enhances mental clarity.
- Boosts energy levels.
- Bolsters the immune system.
- Helps in enhancing healthy, clear skin.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Eases digestion and relieves constipation.
- Helps in reducing inflammation.
- Stabilizes and helps in improving mood.
So with completing all the basics of detox water, here are two amazing summer detox water recipes for weight loss:
Amla Chia Seeds Water
|Chia seeds||1 tsp.|
- Take a smoothie/ glass jar.
- Add water and chia seeds to it and stir.
- Now add some more water.
- Add jaggery powder, and stir along with adding ginger, mint leaves, and chopped amla.
- Add pink salt, more water and mix everything well.
- And your detox “Amla chia seeds water” is ready!
- Amla is one of the most nutritious ingredients. It is rich in vitamin C, phenols, dietary fiber and plenty of antioxidants. It acts as a natural laxative, assisting in the elimination of toxic toxins from the body, as well as the relief of constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and one of the best plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids, which provide a variety of health advantages. They’re also a good source of protein. They cleanse your insides by gathering toxins on their way out by creating a gelatinous effect when added to water or digested!
- Mint not only aids digestion and weight reduction, but it also helps to rid the body of impurities. Drinking water with mint leaves in it helps to balance pH levels in the body, flush out toxins, increase energy, and keep you hydrated.
- Jaggery is a natural bodily cleanser, reducing the liver’s workload even further. Jaggery aids liver cleansing by removing toxic toxins from the body, which in turn aids liver detoxification. Simply include a piece of jaggery to your diet if you want to thoroughly detox your body.
- Most detox waters contain ginger, which helps to detoxify the body by promoting digestion, circulation, and sweating.
Kokum & Basil Seeds Water
|Dry Kokum fruit||1-2|
|Basil seeds||1 tsp.|
|Fennel seeds||1 tsp.|
- Add water and basil seeds in a smoothie/ glass jar.
- To it add, jaggery, fennel seeds, ginger, chopped kokum fruit, and pink salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add rest of the water.
- And your detox “Kokum and Basil seeds water” is ready!
- Kokum has anti-inflammatory qualities due to the presence of an active chemical called garcinol. It also has detoxifying properties, which aids in weight loss.
- Basil seeds (also known as “SABJA seeds”) help your body detox naturally by promoting regular bowel movements. It includes a volatile oil that serves as a stomach cleanser and helps to relieve gas from your gastrointestinal tract.
- The important fiber and essential oils in fennel seeds are thought to be particularly beneficial for draining out sludge and toxins from our bodies, thereby aiding in blood purification and maximum nutrient absorption.
Do add these easy to make, and very simple detoxifying drinks and enjoy them sip by sip in order to detoxify and cleanse your body!