Green tea is a kind of tea produced from Camellia sinensis leaves and buds that have not been withered and oxidized in the same way as oolong and black teas are. Green tea originated in China, but its production and manufacturing have expanded to other East Asian nations.
We will be discussing about 5 Things to Remember while Consuming Green Tea and the 5 Best Ways to Drink Green Tea for Weight Loss.
Benefits of Green Tea in Weight loss
- It contains antioxidants including EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) which are extremely good for the body.
- It increases fat burning and boosts metabolism.
- It reduces untimely appetite and allows fat oxidation.
- Green tea mobilizes fatty acids from fat tissues and makes them available in blood to be used as energy.
- Green tea is a therefore a wonderful pre workout drink.
1. How to prepare the perfect cup of green tea?
- Don’t boil or overheat the tea.
- Add hot water on the top.
- Combine or add anything citrus to your tea to boost absorption of antioxidants.
- Add lime, lemon, Apple Cider Vinegar or have Orange or berries with it.
- Add seasonal spices.
- In summers add fennel, lemon grass, cardamom and mint etc. in your green tea.
- In winters you can add spices like turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper and ginger etc.
- You must add some basil leaves in the green tea as it helps calm you down.
2. Best Types of Green Tea to Consume for Weight Loss
- Always buy leafy green tea instead of tea bags.
- Use matcha green tea for maximum health benefits.
- One cup matcha tea has antioxidants which are equals to 10 cups of normal leafy green tea.
- Instead of normal warm green tea you can enjoy it as iced tea, or in detox water.
3. How much green tea in a day?
- Maximum limit of caffeine you should have in a day is 80 – 300 mg.
- One can safely have 80 mg in a day.
- Green tea contains about 30 mg caffeine.
- You can safely consume 2 cups of green tea in a day, even up to three cups a day are safe.
4. Best time to consume green tea
- It can also be taken 35 – 40 minutes pre or post workout.
- Drinking green tea pre workout assists in fat mobilization, it makes the fat more accessible to burn.
- It also helps reduce fatigue and improves exercise performance.
- It takes 35 to 60 minutes for green tea to reach your bloodstream and then to reach your brain.
- Drinking green tea post workout helps boost metabolism.
- It contains powerful antioxidants that help fight exercise induced free radicals reducing inflammation and muscle soreness.
- It can also be taken 35 – 40 minutes post meals.
- It supports digestion.
- It helps relax stomach muscles, and assists in speeding up the metabolism.
- Having green tea in between meals can help alleviate your mood.
5. When not to consume green tea
- Avoid drinking green tea empty stomach as it may lead to acidity.
- Avoid drinking green tea with any meal as tannins in the green tea can hinder absorption of certain essential nutrients.
- Avoid green tea pot sunset as it may interfere with your sleep making you feel restless at night.
- Drinking too much green tea can dehydrate you.
- Increase your water intake to prevent the side effects from dehydration.
Avoid consuming too much green tea if:
- You are pregnant.
- You are a teenager.
- You have iron deficiency.
- You have very dry skin.
- You suffer from liver problem.
- You experience excessive gas or acidity.