Meethi Seviya is one of the most delicious and prominent desserts! In families, making something sweet for any celebration or special occasion was a given. My father adored it and insisted on having it all the time.
We all used to eat a big bowl of it together, accompanied by a lot of gossips.
However, we exist in a healthy era, and we must replace all unhealthy substances with healthy alternatives.
Similarly, we have made this tempting and delicious seviya with jaggery and not sugar, and with a lot of healthy and tasty dry ingredients including nuts, seeds, and even coconut.
1. Assists in lowering harmful LDL cholesterol.
2. Assists in the control of blood sugar levels.
3. Assists with weight loss
4. Precludes bloating and constipation.
5. It is a good source of quick energy.
6. It is good for your heart.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10- 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15-20 minutes
CALORIES: 190Kcal/ serve
|4.||Pumpkin seeds||1 tsp.|
|5.||Sunflower seeds||1 tsp.|
|7.||Jaggery powder||1.5 – 2 tsp.|
|8.||Dry sliced coconut||Some|
|11.||Desi ghee||2 tbsp.|
- In a pan, add jaggery powder and water.
- Give it a boil.
- In a separate pan or kadhai, add some desi ghee, into it dry roast the peanuts.
- Simultaneously add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, black raisins, and dry slice coconut.
- Transfer the roasted mixture to a bowl, and in the same pan or kadhai, again add some desi ghee, cardamom and then sauté the Seviya.
- Now add warm jaggery water to it.
- Cook it for some time with a lid on.
- Now add all the roasted ingredients to the pan or kadhai.
- Top it off with some grated dry coconut or desiccated coconut.
- And your “Healthy Jaggery Seviya” is ready to be consumed.
- You can also add ½ cup milk if you want to!
Seviya provides instant energy, a bit of protein, and easy digestibility.
Desi ghee is composed of healthy fats and is enriched with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Jaggery powder helps in the detoxification of the body and is rich in minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, manganese, and zinc.
Peanuts are high in a variety of vitamins and minerals, including copper, biotin, niacin, manganese, and folate.
Almonds are an excellent source of both energy and minerals. They are an efficient source of Vitamin E and are gluten-free.
Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of zinc and phosphorus.
Sunflower seeds are excellent for vitamin E and selenium.
Coconut is especially high in manganese, which is very good for bone health.
Black raisins are rich in good calcium and iron.
|ENERGY (Kcal)||CARBOHYDRATES (g)||PROTEIN (g)||FATS (g)|
|570 Kcal||71 g||16.8 g||25 g|
CALORIES: 190Kcal/ serve
Do try this yummylicious dessert without waiting for the festive season!