Today the article is all about “METHI DANA”, its use, advantages, disadvantages, best time for consumption, side effects, best or worst ways to consume, in short everything you need to knwo about it!
Methi Dana is a very Popular Ayurvedic or naturopathic Remedy for many health problems.
Methi is great for improving Gut health & reducing inflammation.
All Health Benefits of Methi are due to its nutritional value of plant compounds present in it.
- 25% of Methi is Fiber or NSP ( Non-Starch Polysaccharides).
- It has substances like tannins, hemicellulose, choline & Saponin.
- 25% of Methi is protein.
- Methi is Rich in antioxidants like Phyto chemicals, alkaloids, flavonoids & phenolic acid.
- It has Diosgenin & hydroxy isoleucine which help regulate insulin & reduce obesity.
- Methi is high in Nicotinic acid.
- Methi is Rich in minerals Like calcium, iron, copper, potassium, magnesium, selenium, zinc and folate.
- It’s also high in B complex vitamins, fat soluble soluble vitamin like A K E
- Methi has phytoestrogens, which can mimic female hormone estrogen, which interfere with estrogen synthesizing & metabolic enzymes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF METHI DANA
1 Tsp of methi dana consists of :
|38 Kcal||5 gm||2 gm||0.7 gm|
HEALTH BENEFITS OF METHI DANA!
- Improves reproductive health of both men & women.
- Cure many digestive problems, Remedy for eating disorder.
- Great for the health of kidney, liver, brain and heart
- Cure problems related to menstrual disorder like cramp, irregular periods, hormonal Imbalance, menopause, PCOS, PCOD.
- Treat UTI & other infections
- Improve health of skin and hair.
- Promote healthy weight loss & regulate blood sugar
- Improve exercise performance.
- Anti inflammatory properties.
- Improves testosterone & sperm count.
- May Help treat infertility.
- Boost immunity & metabolism.
- Useful in joint & muscle pain.
DESIRBALE CONSUMPTION OF METHI SEEDS/DAY?
- Start with 2.5g ( 1/2 tsp in a day ) for medicinal use.
- Average person can take up to 5g ( 1tsp).
- Maximum limit is 8-10g per day ( 1.5 tsp a day).
- This is because it’s warm in nature and has laxative properties
- If you can using Methi extract than the limit is 0.6g – 1.2g in a day.
- Consume for 21 day to 1.5 month on average than take a break of 15 days.
- Methi is a great antacid, hence its advised to consume it on an empty stomach. It may help boost Metabolism. However, that’s not true for everyone, especially people with hyperacidity and digestive disorder.
- Therefore it is better to have a glass of plain water before consuming Methi seeds water.
- You can also post a small meal, like having 5-6 soaked almonds with 5-6 soaked raisins & then after a small gap consume it.
- For Weight Loss, hormonal balance & maintaining blood sugar have Methi water 30 min before main meal.
- You can Also divide the soaked seeds in 3 parts & consume it before every main meal to reduce craving, suppress appetite, boost Metabolism & maintain insulin levels.
HOW TO CONSUME METHI DANA FOR BEST RESULTS?
- Soaking overnight ( reduce phytic acid & many other anti nutrients)
- Sprouted ( Best way to increase nutritional content & absorption)
- Use in fermented dishes high in probiotics
- Paste of soaked Methi Dana in soups, milk, curd or buttermilk ( fat source)
- Always Buy organic Methi & in small quantity
- Consume in form of ladoos during winter ( specially post pregnancy or for PCOS, PCOD).
HOW NOT TO CONSUME METHI DANA AND WHO SHOULD AVOID?
- Avoid Methi Dana tea ( boiling Methi) or Methi Dana in warm water.
- With or close to any caffeinated drinks Like tea or coffee.
- Don’t combine with other herbs or spices like clove, ginger, ginseng, ashwagandha, turmeric, guar gum, psyllium husk, capsicum.
- People With pitta dominance nature can have few drops of ghee and warm water, else it can aggravate pitta.
- People on medication should consult physician.
- People with thyroid should consult their doctor.
- People with bleeding and blood clot disorder.
- People with low blood sugars.
- Unsafe during pregnancy.
- Advisable to Stop before you are trying to conceive.
- Avoid taking with or close to taking multivitamins or other supplements.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF METHI DANA?
- Possible allergies wheezing, face swelling, blisters.
- Skin irritation, rash.
- Can cause breast pain and sensitivity in women if consumed in excess.
- May delay periods by 1-5 days.
- Stop during period cycle especially if facing excessive bleeding.
- May cause gas, upset stomach.
- Not for children.
- People with sinus should avoid application on skin & hair.
So this was all the basic information, you needed to know about “METHI DANA”.