Vegetable fermentation is a time-honoured and simple method of food preservation.
In addition to being probiotic-rich, it is also a fantastic source of vitamins and minerals. You may learn how to produce tasty fermented vegetables with possible health advantages by following this simple, step-by-step procedure.
- Helps in detoxification of the body.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Manages blood sugar levels.
- Aids digestion and relives constipation.
- Good for cardiovascular health.
- Strengthens bones, teeth, and gum.
- Good for skin.
|Desi khand||3-4 tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp.|
- Roughly peel and chop cucumber, carrot, garlic, ginger, and red chilies.
- In a pan, add water, vinegar, salt, and desi khand.
- Take a pestle and mortar and grind mustard seeds in it.
- Add grinded mustard seeds in the pan, along with the chopped veggies.
- Give them a nice mix.
- Once boiled, transfer them to a bowl, and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, transfer them to a glass jar for preserving it.
- Make sure to keep it in sun for few days.
- Have it as a side with rice or in Buddha bowl or with roti Sabzi, and enjoy!
- Cucumbers have a pleasant, reviving flavor and contains a lot of water. Along with minerals like copper, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium, cucumbers are filled with the goodness of vitamins B and C.
- Carrots are jam-packed with the goodness of vitamin A, along with being rich in vitamin C, calcium, iron, biotin vitamin K1, potassium, vitamin B6, and lutein.
- Desi khand is enriched with the goodness of micronutrients including calcium, fiber, iron, and magnesium.
|80 Kcal||25 gm||3 gm||3 gm|
Because lactic acid, which is produced during fermentation, can find and kill any potentially hazardous bacteria, it is believed that fermented veggies are safer than raw vegetables.
Therefore, fermenting veggies is a great idea and shall be tried and enjoyed alongside meals!