Indulge in a delectable and nourishing delight with our high-protein, high-fiber smoothie recipe. Packed with wholesome ingredients that cater to both your taste buds and your health, this refreshing concoction is the perfect way to kick-start your day or refuel after a workout. Sip on the goodness of protein-rich ingredients like quinoa and peanut butter, while relishing the fiber-packed goodness of mango and basil seeds. Prepare to experience a velvety-smooth blend that will leave you energized and satisfied, all while promoting digestion and overall well-being. Get ready to sip, savor, and conquer your day with this revitalizing protein and fiber powerhouse.
|Frozen Mango||1 cup|
|Organic Turmeric||1/4 tsp.|
|Milk/ Soy Milk||300 ml|
|Peanut Butter||2 tsp.|
|Basil Seeds||3/4 tsp.|
- Start by adding milk to a blender.
- Next, add cooked quinoa. Quinoa is a protein-rich and prebiotic-rich pseudo-grain.
- Now, add 100% pure and natural peanut butter. Feel free to use other nut butter or roasted peanut powder.
- Soak basil seeds in water. They are a great source of fiber, protein, healthy fats like omega-3, and various vitamins and minerals. Basil seeds are an Indian substitute for Chia seeds and require less soaking time.
- Drizzle honey into the blender, or use maple syrup, jaggery, or khand as alternatives. Adjust the sweetness based on the ripeness of your mango.
- If using dairy milk, add turmeric and black pepper powder for added immunity and allergy protection. Raw turmeric can be used as well.
- Add frozen mango to the blender. If you forgot to freeze it, you can use mango at room temperature.
- Blend everything at high speed until you achieve a smooth, lump-free consistency. You can adjust the thickness by adding some water.
- For serving, layer half of the soaked basil seeds at the bottom of a glass or jar.
- Transfer the smoothie to the jar.
- Add another layer of soaked basil seeds and some roasted pumpkin seeds on top for extra crunch and nutrition.
- Curcumin: Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound with potential health benefits.
- Digestive Aid: It may help improve digestion and alleviate digestive discomfort.
- Immune Support: Turmeric’s compounds may have positive effects on the immune system.
- Piperine: Black pepper contains piperine, a compound that may enhance the absorption of certain nutrients and offer anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidants: It provides several antioxidants that combat free radicals in the body.
- Natural Sweetener: Honey is a healthier alternative to refined sugars as it contains natural sugars and small amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- Antioxidants: It contains antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Healthy Fats: Peanut butter is a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy fats.
- Protein: It also provides a decent amount of protein, making it beneficial for muscle repair and growth.
- Dietary Fiber: Basil seeds are rich in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: They contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain health and may have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Minerals: Basil seeds provide minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.