How about a healthy, but very delicious and appealing lunch?
Here is an amazing combo of lemon rice meal with veggie bhurji, tempting to hear? But more satisfying to eat.
Enriched with the goodness of high protein and fiber, this recipe has my heart.
- Provides you a balanced diet.
- Aids in digestion.
- Builds a stronger immune system.
- Helps in strengthening of bones.
- Helps in managing blood sugar level.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Support heart health.
For Veggies and protein.
|Low fat paneer/ Tofu||80 gm|
|Mix veggies||1/2 cup.|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp.|
|Other spices||As per choice.|
For veggies, you can take: Fresh corns, Capsicum, Carrot, Peas, and Tomato.
For Traditional lemon rice.
|Cooked rice||1.5 cups.|
|Roasted Chana dal||1 tbsp.|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp.|
For lemon dressing.
|Lemon juice||1 lemon|
- In a pan, add oil, and cumin seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add chopped garlic.
- Now, add peas, and sauté a bit.
- Add chopped carrots and mix.
- Now it’s time to add salt and spices, and mix.
- Add little water and mix.
- Add corns, chopped capsicum to the pan.
- Now add chopped tomato and low-fat paneer/ tofu.
- Add more spices as per requirement.
- Cook it for 1-2 minutes by covering with lid.
- Once cooked garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- In another pan, add mustard seed, peanuts, and sauté them.
- Now add chana dal, and curry leaves to the pan.
- Add some desiccated coconut to the pan, and the spices as per taste.
- Now, it’s time to add the main ingredient: cooked rice to the pan
- Mix everything nicely.
- In a bowl, add all the lemon dressing ingredients including lemon juice, coriander, black pepper, chaat masala, dried herbs, and some olive oil.
- Mix it well.
- Add the lemon dressing to the cooked rice.
- And you healthy and tasty “Lemon Rice and Veggie Bhurji” is ready!
- Serve and enjoy warm.
- Tofu is jam-packed with the goodness of protein, and a wide variety of minerals and vitamins including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, B vitamins, and iron.
- Veggies are loaded with fiber, and plenty of antioxidants along with amazing profile of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Peanuts are rich in protein, fat, fiber, and are also an excellent source of magnesium.
- Chana dal is a great source of B-complex vitamins.
- Rice is rich in more than 15 essential vitamins and minerals including folic acid, B vitamins, Potassium, magnesium, selenium, fiber, iron, and zinc.
- Coconut is especially high in manganese, and apart from that, they are also high in copper, iron, selenium, and antioxidants.
- Lemon is a good source of vitamin C and fiber.
|680 Kcal||136 gm||26 gm||32 gm|
Calories= 340 Kcal/serves.