Soy is an excellent method to get more plant protein in your diet. Greater plant protein in your diet, rather than more carbohydrates, has been shown to have clear cardiovascular benefits, such as decreasing blood pressure, according to research.
Soy meals are cholesterol-free and low in saturated fat by nature.
When soy is combined with rice and plenty of fresh and healthy vegetables, it makes an incredible combination meal that is extremely rich in protein, fiber, and many essential nutrients.
- Good for the heart.
- Helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Promotes a healthy gastrointestinal system.
- Helps in the reduction of bad cholesterol.
- Improves nervous system health.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
CALORIES: 120 Kcal/ serve
|2.||Soya Chunks||½ cup|
|8.||Cumin seeds||¼ tsp.|
|9.||Olive oil||1 tsp.|
|11.||Turmeric powder||To taste.|
|12.||Coriander powder||To taste.|
|13.||Red chili powder||To taste.|
|14.||Soya paneer (optional)||½ cup|
- Soak the rice and soya chunks in water for some time with a lid on.
- After soaking, chop the soya chunks into small pieces.
- In a pan or kadhai, add some oil, and then add cumin seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add chopped onion, and sauté.
- Once they turn pinkish brown, add all the up-listed spices including salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder.
- Now add a little water to mix and infuse the spices well.
- Add chopped beets, soya chunks, corns, and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for some time.
- Now simply add the soaked rice to the pan, and mix all the ingredients well, and complete it by adding water for cooking the rice.
- Once the water starts to boil, cover it with a lid and let it cook.
- Once the water is reduced, add soya paneer, capsicum, and tomato to it, and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid again until it’s properly cooked.
- Your “Healthy High Protein Soya Rice Pulao” is ready!
- Enjoy it with some fresh curd or salad or any accompaniment of your choice.
Soya chunks are rich in polyunsaturated fats, proteins, and most importantly omega-3 fatty acids. They are also enriched with iron and calcium.
Rice is a source of protein and is loaded with various vitamins such as thiamin, and niacin, and minerals like zinc, and phosphorus.
Vegetables are an excellent source of fiber which are good for our gut and are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals required by the body.
|ENERGY (Kcal)||CARBOHYDRATES (g)||PROTEIN (g)||FATS (g)|
|361 Kcal||53 g||27 g||5.8 g|
CALORIES: 120 Kcal/ serve
Enjoy this high protein delicious meal and rejoice in your soul.