The drink we are going to discuss is “World’s Most powerful Drink for Weight Loss”
One cup of this drink can give you benefits equivalent to 10 cups of green tea.
It has 137 times more antioxidants than green tea. This drink increases your focus and gives you energy.
We are talking about ‘Matcha Tea’!
What is Matcha Tea?
- It’s a type of green tea made by taking young tea leaves and grinding them into a bright green powder.
- Matcha tea are grown on tea bushes kept under shade.
- Shade increases the amount of chlorophyll content in the leaves, which makes them bright green and full of nutrients.
- The leaves are traditionally ground by granite stones into super fine powder.
- This grinding is done in the night to protect the nutrients.
Facts about Matcha Tea
- Matcha tea is the least processed type of Green Tea!
- Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than a regular cup of green tea.
- It is equivalent to 10 cups of regular green tea in terms of nutrients.
- 100 grams of matcha tea contains 2.41 mg of L–Theanine which improves creativity, learning and memory.
- Matcha is a perfect blend of calorie burner, energy booster and detox.
- Both green tea and matcha contain caffeine but much less than coffee or black tea
- Matcha also contains more EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) which helps in reducing inflammation, aid weight loss, and help prevent heart and brain disease.
Health benefits of Matcha Tea
- Boosts immunity and metabolism.
- Loaded with antioxidants.
- Maintains blood sugar levels in the body.
- Improves energy, focus and memory.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Helps burn calories.
- Enhances fat mobilisation.
- Protects your heart.
- Reduces stress and has a relaxing effect.
Consumption of matcha in a day?
- Start with low amount that is 1/4 – 1/2 tsp.
- Start with a smaller amount and gradually increase.
How to make matcha tea ?
- Matcha powder and hot water should be whisked together.
- Then add warm water and whisk it.
- Traditionally this was done with a bamboo whisk called chasen.
- The whisking creates a foamy tea that can be poured into a cup.
- Warm some water at about 70 – 80 degrees and mix it with the foamy tea.
Who needs to be careful with matcha tea ?
- Pregnant women and people with stomach issues should be careful with matcha tea.
- Matcha can cause constipation and upset the stomach.
- It can also cause other side effects if over consumed.
- Having it at odd times can also cause insomnia.
Times to avoid matcha tea
- Don’t drink it within 90 minutes of waking up
- Don’t drink it with a meal.
- Don’t drink it post 4 pm or sunset.