The season of festivities brings you joy with a lot of tempting and favorite edibles. The satisfaction doubles when you cook them at home with love and happiness and knowing that it is free of any impurities makes you feel more contented and rejoiced.
Here is the “Chana Dal Peda” enriched with the goodness of protein, healthy fats, and many essential vitamins and minerals.
- Gives an instant boost of energy.
- Helps in reducing inflammation.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Good for the heart and gut.
- Helps in strengthening of bones.
|Roasted chana dal||1 cup|
|Milk||1 cup/ 200 ml|
|Coconut sugar||1/2 cup|
|Desi ghee||1/3 cup|
|Milk powder||50 g|
You can use any natural sweetener instead of coconut sugar such as mishri powder.
- In a grinder/ mixer, grind the roasted chana dal.
- Once grinded, transfer it to the bowl by sieving.
- Now add coconut and milk to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients nicely to make a thick paste structure.
- Add the remaining milk to the bowl as well and mix again.
- Now add desi ghee to a pan.
- Once it is melted, add the grinded paste into the pan, and mix.
- Now add milk powder to the pan, and mix again.
- After mixing it nicely, now it’s time to add the coconut sugar.
- Add some more desi ghee and mix it well.
- Take a plate and grease it with some oil.
- Add the chana dal peda mixture to the plate, top it off with some grated coconut.
- Take out some small portions and roll out evenly in shape of pedas.
- Top it off with raisins or any dry fruit of your choice.
- Chana dal is rich in protein and B complex vitamins.
- Milk is rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
- Coconut is rich in fiber, vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6.
- Desi ghee is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and amino acids.
|1660 Kcal||185 g||25 g||96 g|
Calories: 80 Kcal/serve
Do try these healthy “Chana dal peda” this festive season and relish its taste.