Granola, but why make that at home?
Firstly, homemade granola is tastier, healthier ad cheaper than store brought granola. Secondly it takes me to the good old back days when my grandmother used to roast the seeds, nuts and make granola at home for all of us, I still remember that aroma of the roasted seeds and nuts which always made us impatient to eat that delicious granola and enjoy it.
It is the ultimate recipe that provides intense nutrition and taste at the same time.
It is loaded with healthy and nutritious ingredients.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
- It enhances the immune system and thyroid function.
- It controls hormonal imbalance.
- It is beneficial for type-2 diabetes.
- It supports heart health and the cardiovascular system.
- It relaxes muscle cramps.
- It treats constipation.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20-25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30-35 minutes
Serves: 10-12 serves
Calories: 184 Kcal/serve
|1.||Quick oats||2.5 cups|
|2.||Desiccated coconut||1/3 cup|
|3.||Desi Khand||½ cup|
|4.||Mixed seeds||¾ cup|
|5.||Mixed nuts(peanuts and almonds)||1/3 cup|
|6.||Cocoa powder||4 tbsp.|
|6.||Dark chocolate chips||3 tbsp.|
|8.||Dry fruits (Raisins and dried cranberries)||1/3 cup|
Note: I personally buy all my seeds from neuherbs, as they have the best quality, clean, and organic seeds. Also their seeds are USDA certified organic products.
Flax seeds : https://amzn.to/3f7XmGt
Pumpkin seeds : https://amzn.to/3v6prTM
Chia seeds : https://amzn.to/2ScglWZ
Sunflower seeds : https://amzn.to/2SaY0cU
- In a pan, add quick oats and dry roast them on low heat.
- In the second pan,
- Dry roast (almonds and peanuts).
- Then add mixed seeds into it and dry roast on lowest possible heat.
- Now add desiccated coconut to it.
- Add cocoa powder and dry fruits to it.
- In a large pan,
- Add Desi ghee.
- Then add Desi Khand to it.
- Add dark chocolate chips and let it melt.
- Add all the contents of the second pan into it.
- Now add dry roasted quick oats to the pan.
- Stir and mix all the ingredients very nicely.
- Cook on low heat and wait for the mixture to turn brown.
- Turn off the flame.
- Your homemade granola is ready!
- Let it cool completely before transferring to a storage container.
Enjoy handful of granola anytime as a snack.
- You can consume it by adding milk to it.
- Prefer dry roasting the ingredients in an iron cast pan, as it retains heat for a longer time and helps cook the ingredients evenly.
This homemade chocolate granola is a package of essential nutrients.
- Oats are a very good source of fiber and are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Desiccated coconut is a source of healthy fats that contains no cholesterol and contains selenium, fiber, copper, and manganese.
- Desi Khand is a source of wholemeal that provides essential vitamins and fibers.
- Seeds are rich in fiber, manganese, zinc, selenium, magnesium, copper, thiamine, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and other healthy fats.
- Nuts contain Vitamin E, Magnesium, and lots of protein.
- Desi ghee is rich in fats; it contains high concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Dry fruits are rich in gut-filling fibers.
|2216 Kcal||250 g||62 g||109 g|
Enjoy this homemade chocolate granola recipe as a whole meal to nourish your body with the ultimate package of nutrients.
1 thought on “Homemade Oats Chocolate Granola”
thanks for sharing such an amazing recipe, will surely try it with my True Elements Muesli