Salads are always been the yummiest, healthiest, and refreshing treat, whether you consume it as a snack or as a whole meal.
Masoor Dal Sprouts Salad is not only appetizing but healthy and delicious at the same time.
With less time and effort, you can still enjoy a complete meal.
Normally we consume salads made up of fruits and vegetables, but Masoor dal Sprouts salad also includes a portion of pulses which is not only a good source of protein but fiber and essential minerals too. Consuming a fresh serving of sprouts and vegetables in the form of the salad can have significant health benefits:
- Aids digestion.
- Prevents degenerative diseases like cancer and diabetes.
- Reduces bad cholesterol.
- Helps with weight loss and healthy weight management.
- Aids in the prevention of constipation or any bowel disease.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 3-5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes.
Calories: 110Kcal/ serve
|7.||Lemon juice||½ tsp.|
|8.||Pure virgin olive oil||1 tsp.|
|10.||Black pepper||As required|
|11.||Cumin powder||As required|
|12.||Himalayan Pink Salt||As required|
- Make sprouts of Masoor dal.
- In a simmered flame pan:
- Add little water (about 1 -2 tbsp.), and add chopped vegetables and sprouts to it.
- Cover it with a lid and steam it for about 3-5 minutes.
- For the salad dressing:
- In a bowl add lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, black pepper, cumin powder, and Himalayan pink salt.
- And mix all the ingredients well.
- Add freshly chopped coriander into the bowl and mix.
- Add chopped cucumber and tomato in a large mixing bowl.
- Now transfer the steamed vegetables and sprouts into a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it.
- And mix the prepared salad very well.
- Garnish the salad with some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- We are steaming the vegetables and sprouts to eliminate any anti-nutrients and to improve digestion.
- Don’t over steam the vegetables and sprouts.
- Steam the vegetables and sprouts on a simmered flame to avoid any burns.
- To save time, first, keep the vegetables and sprouts for steaming, and meanwhile prepare the dressing for the salad.
Sprouts are a very good source of fiber, proteins and provide a vitamin boost to the body. They are very easy to absorb and also enhances mineral content in the body.
Vegetables used including tomato, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, and coriander leaves are not only a good source of fiber, but at the same time a good source of essential vitamins and minerals.
|221 Kcal||29.2 g||10.18 g||6.49 g|
Calories: 110Kcal/ serve
Enjoy these summers with the fresh bowl of “Masoor Dal Sprouts Salad” enriched with the goodness of nutrients and taste at the same time.