Usually, we know and consume sattu that is made up of channa, but in this recipe, I tried something new; as I made barley sattu laddoos.
Sattu is prepared by dry roasting and grinding grains, channa, barley, or Bengal gram. But in other places, it is also made by roasting almonds, cashews, millet, barley, chickpea, and then finely ground into flour.
Sattu is known for its nutritive values and cooling properties.
Here is a very easy and less time-consuming healthy snack recipe that you can depend on and consume guilt-free.
Sattu Ladoo is made up of barley sattu, some desiccated coconut, and soft dates. This recipe is oil and sugar-free and still very tasty and satiable.
If you are not accessible to barley sattu, you can go for any sort of sattu, be it be Bengal gram sattu or chickpea sattu (channa sattu), it is anyways going to deliver loads of nutrition.
- Supports the cardiovascular system.
- Improves bone structure and strength.
- Aid digestion.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps in weight management.
PREPARATION TIME: 2 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5-10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 12 minutes
Calories: 90-100 Kcal/serve
|1.||Barley(Jau) Sattu||1 cup|
|2.||Desiccated Coconut||½ cup|
|3.||Soft Dates||¾ cup|
- If barley sattu is not available, you can also use channa sattu.
- If desiccated coconut is not available, you can also grate dry coconut.
- Put all the ingredients (barley sattu, desiccated coconut, and soft dates.) into a blender or mixer.
- Blend them well.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Now divide the mixture into small portions and roll them evenly.
- Your sattu laddoos are ready!
- Barley sattu is a rich source of folate, potassium, iron, B Vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Dates are jam-packed with the goodness of essential vitamins, nutrients and are also a very good source of carbohydrates and fiber.
- Desiccated coconut encompasses sufficient protein, several important minerals, B Vitamins and is especially high in manganese.
|1205 Kcal||193 g||23.7 g||34 g|
Calories: 90-100 Kcal/serve
PRO TIP: Apart from these nutritious and tasty sattu laddoos, if you want to add something highly nutritious in your diet and increase your vitamin and mineral intake, I will recommend you to take OZiva’s new range of plant based vitamins and minerals, which are 100% plant based.
- OZiva Bettr. C+
It has plant extracts of rosehip, elderberry, Echinacea.
Echinacea is a genus of herbaceous flowering plants which are full of antioxidants and helps in skin radiance and also boosts immunity.
It also consists of zinc, which makes the absorption of Vitamin C in the body much effective.
Note: Anyone above the age of 15 can consume this Vitamin C supplement and it’s better to have it empty stomach for best results.
- OZiva Bettr. D3K2
It consists of ingredients such as curcumin, ashwagandha, and rosemary which have anti-inflammatory properties.
It naturally enhances your mood.
Note: Anyone above the age of 18 years can consume this Vitamin D supplement along with high fat meals.
- OZiva Plant Based Bettr. Zinc+
It consists of chamomile, ginger root, and blueberry extracts which helps to boost immunity and has many other benefits as well.
Buy OZiva Products : https://bit.ly/3w8gIkf
SUMMARY: All the up listed OZiva’s products are 100% plant based and absolutely free from preservatives and chemicals which makes their absorption rate double than all other present supplements.
Anyways, don’t forget to try this super easy recipe of sattu laddoos.
You will be amazed to see that ladoo that is made up of just three simple, easily accessible ingredients and without any sugar or oil could be so delicious. And you will only get to know if you try it so make these laddoos and avoid binge eating and nourish your body as well.