Our favorite meals are those that are low in carbs but high in protein and fiber. They are not only good for weight loss, but they are also very healthy due to the adequate portions required for a meal. Here’s another quick-to-prepare healthy meal that may be eaten for lunch or dinner.
- Support weight loss and management.
- Boost Metabolism
- Helps in building muscle mass.
- Eases digestion and relieves constipation.
- Aids in managing blood sugar levels.
- Helps in strengthening bones.
- Bolsters the immune system.
|Soaked quinoa (30 minutes)||1/4 cup|
(Beans, capsicum, carrots and corns)
|Low fat paneer/ Tofu||100 gm|
|Black pepper||To taste.|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp.|
|Sabzi Masala||As required.|
|Olive oil/ Mustard oil||1/2 tsp.|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 lemon.|
- In a pot add some water, place a steamer Basket
- Add veggies to it and cover with lid
- Steam veggies on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a pan add 1 Cup Water and switch on the heat
- Once the water starts boiling, add soaked quinoa
- Reduce heat and cover the pan
- Let it cook for 8-12 minutes
- Once both veggies and quinoa are done you can store them for final use
PREPARATION FOR LUNCH AND DINNER
- In a pan, add 1/2-3/4 tsp of oil
- Add chopped or crushed Garlic and sauté it tills light brown
- Add small cubes of Low-fat Paneer or soy paneer, reduce heat & cook
- Once the paneer is light brown in colour, add chopped tomatoes to the pan
- Cook tomatoes until they are slightly soft, add chopped green chilli
- Add cooked quinoa to the pan and mix well.
- For final assembly, in a mixing bowl add cooked quinoa and paneer mix
- Add cooked veggies to same pan
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon on top
- Mix and combine everything very well
- Garnish with fresh herbs or dried herbs Like coriander
- Your “Low Carb, High Protein meal is ready in no time!
- This recipe serves 3-4 people
- You can also enjoy it for lunch or Dinner.
- Quinoa is enriched with the goodness of protein, fiber and plenty of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, iron, and folate.
- Paneer is jam-packed with protein, calcium, vitamin B12, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Veggies are loaded with the goodness of fiber, and several essential micronutrients.
|452 Kcal||95 gm||25 gm||22 gm|
Calories= 150 Kcal/ Serve.