Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing well and are keeping healthy and happy. This article is all about a type of seeds which is the miracle seeds for hormonal balance. These tiny red seeds have an amazing effect on your hormonal balance, weight loss, immunity, hair growth and skin. These seeds are halim / garden cress or aliv seeds. These red coloured seeds find mention in ayurveda for being beneficial in many health conditions including immediately after delivery.
Nutritional Value of 1 tbsp halim seeds
- Calories : 55
- Carbs : 4 grams
- Protein : 3 grams
- Fat : 2.9 grams
- Fiber : 0.9 grams
Apart from this these seeds contain the following ingredients
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Folic acid
- Dietary fiber
Garden cress seed oil is an excellent source of alpha linolenic acid
This oil can serve as an alternative source of omega 3 espaecially for vegatarians
It is an excellent source of natural anti oxidants as well
Health benefits of these seeds
- Medicinal properties : These seeds have medicinal properties
- Helps in menstrual cycle regulation
- Helps treating indigestion
- Is very good for gut health
- Helps in treating respiratory infections
- Helps in treating dermatological problems
- Helps in hair loss treatment
- These seeds are very good in post pregnancy recovery and increasing milk production
- They boost immunity and metabolism
- These seeds are very good for gastrointestinal treatment
- They also possess anti carcinogenic properties
- These seeds are known to boost libido
- Graden cress seeds to also used for iron deficiency treatment
- These seeds act as memory booster
- Garden cress or halim seeds should not consumed in large quantities
- Start initially with just 1 to 3 grams serving
- In fact the recommended serving size would be 1 teaspoon that is 5 grams upto two or three times a week
- You can look tyo increase the intake quantity gradually
How to consume ?
- In kheer
- You can have it with milk
- You can roast these seeds and sprinkle them over salad, dal and soup
- You can make ladoo with coconut and these seeds
- In water (small quantity only)
When to avoid
- These seeds have goitrogenic properties, meaning too much of these seeds can can thyroid functioning
- These seeds also are diuretic, meaning too much of these can cause dehydration in the body
- Avoid these seeds if you’re pregnant
1 thought on “Miracle Seeds For Hormonal Balance”
saw your video regarding garden cress.
I want to use it for premature menopause.
Menopause started for me when I was 38 years old and I have been using Birth control pills since than.
But now want to stop and therefore started looking at alternatives.
My question is should take garden cress everyday for life or should take a break from it.
Please advise how much and often should I take it.
My daughter has PCOS too
How should she take it?