Feeling low? Feeling drained with the day-to-day hectic routine?
We got you an ultimate refreshing drink which will boost you with energy both physically and mentally.
Yes, I am talking about “Ginger Mint Iced Tea”!
Enriched with the goodness of the ingredients that boosts your mood and make you feel lively and energetic, this drink is healthy and nutritious too.
|Black tea/ Green tea||1 tsp/ 2 tsp.|
|Chia seeds (Optional)||1-2 tsp.|
|Basil seeds (Optional)||1-2 tsp.|
- In a pan add water.
- When it is about to get boil, add black tea/ green tea, jaggery, and grated ginger.
- Mix and boil well for at most 45 seconds.
- Cover it with a lid and let it infuse for 1 or less than 1 minute.
- Strain the tea into the cup.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Now take a jar, and add some ice cubes into it.
- To it add finely chopped ginger, and mint leaves.
- Add some desi Khand to the tea.
- Also, add lemon juice to the strained tea, and mix well.
- Transfer the strained tea along with some more water into the mason jar.
- Mix it nicely, and you are ready to have your iced tea.
- You can also add chia seeds/ basil seeds/ herbs/ spices of your choice.
Ginger is packed with a powerful punch of nutrients such as vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. Not only the good quality of nutrients, it also exhibits excellent health properties, such as:
- It is enriched with the goodness of a compound “Gingerol” which is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Ginger helps treat nausea and morning sickness.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Aids digestion and help treat indigestion.
- Ginger is known to reduce menstrual pain.
- It may also help in reducing bad cholesterol levels.
- Helps in improving brain function.
- Ginger can also help lower the risk of infections.
Black tea is jam-packed with the goodness of theaflavins, flavanols, gallic acid, and flavan-3-ols. Black tea is one of the most amazing ingredients which is loaded with benefits such as:
- It is non-sweetened and low-calorie drink.
- It contains group of polyphenols which are loaded with antioxidants.
- Helps in boosting heart health.
- It may help in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Helps in improving gut health.
- Helps in reducing blood pressure.
- May helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
Jaggery is an excellent source of plant-based iron, along with being rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and zinc. Health benefits of jaggery include:
- Helps in weight loss.
- Helps in preventing respiratory problems.
- Helps in controlling blood pressure.
- Excellent source of energy.
- Helps in relieving menstrual pain.
- Helps in detoxifying the body.
- Prevents constipation.
Lemon is loaded with the goodness of vitamin C, B6, potassium and fiber. Health benefits of lemon include:
- Supports weight loss.
- Improves digestive health.
- Enhances skin and hair.
- It promotes hydration.
- It freshens the breath.
Do try this amazingly soothing and amazing “Ginger Mint Summer Iced Tea”.