According to human eating behavior, a person is more likely to consume a meal if it is appealing and attractive.
And these two traits are owned by salads very popularly. It is also advised that your plate should consist of as many colors as it could, and salads are the easiest way to fulfill it. Salads are not only appetizing, attractive, refreshing, and delicious, but also they are amazingly nutritious if you are good at selecting the ingredients, and if not, we are here to introduce to you the best food combinations and recipes to enlighten your mood and health whenever you feel like going off track.
This “Peanut and Corn salad” can be whatever you want it to be, whether you want it to be a meal or snack or even as a side dish.
This recipe is enriched with the goodness of peanuts, corns, tofu, veggies, and some delicious seasonings.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Makes your brain sharper.
- Supports healthy and strong bones.
- Reduces risk of type-2 diabetes.
- Supports healthy weight management.
- Enhances and protects eyesight.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15-20 minutes
Calories: 300 Kcal/ Serve
|6.||Medium Boiled Potato||1|
|7.||Tofu/Low Fat Paneer||80 g|
|FOR SALAD DRESSING|
|1.||Fresh Lemon Juice||2 tsp.|
|2.||Virgin Olive Oil||1 tsp.|
|7.||Dijon Mustard Paste||1.5 tsp.|
- Dry roast the peanuts on the iron tava.
- Then steam corn and other veggies including carrot, and capsicum.
- Cover it with a lid, and steam for few minutes on low heat, and make sure to not overcook it.
- For the salad dressing, add the up-listed ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Add boiled potato and tofu to the salad dressing and mix.
- After the veggies are steamed and cooked, cool them a bit.
- Take a serving bowl/plate and add the steamed veggies and corn.
- Add the salad dressing and some fresh juicy tomato to it.
- Complete the dish by adding the roasted peanuts into it.
- And your healthy salad bowl is all set to munch!
- Mix all the ingredients well and enjoy the salad.
- Prefer “Desi Corn” over “American Corn” for better health.
- Use light-colored peanuts and not dark ones.
- For cooking veggies:
- Use 1-2 tsp. for steaming the veggies.
- Make sure to steam and cook on low heat for few minutes.
- Don’t overcook the veggies and let them retain their crunchiness.
- Let the veggies cool a bit before adding dressing.
- I have used boiled potato in the salad for absorption of excess water and liquid from the dressing.
Peanuts are an ideal protein source and are enriched with many essential vitamins and minerals including magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and Vitamin E.
Corn is mainly composed of carbs and equitably high in fiber. It also packs a decent amount of low-quality protein.
Veggies not only provide you good quality fiber but essential vitamins and minerals at the same time.
Tofu is an excellent source of protein and contains all the essential amino acids. Apart from protein, it is also a valuable plant source of calcium and iron.
|593 Kcal||60 g||24 g||32 g|
Calories: 300 Kcal/ Serve
Count on this deliciously nutritious salad recipe whenever you have nothing in mind to cook.