Eating the same healthy dishes every day bores and exhausts us, making it difficult to stay on track for an extended period of time.
In order to stay healthy and on track, we need to create new and appealing meals.
As a result, I’m introducing a brand-new toast concept that doesn’t use bread, making it not only super-healthy but also highly tasty and nutrient-dense.
- Good for diabetic people as it has low glycemic index.
- Helps to relive constipation.
- Aids weight loss and management.
- Helps in maintaining strong bones.
- Good for the heart health.
- Helps in lowering the blood pressure levels.
- Support immune function.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
|Chickpea flour (Besan)||1/2 cup|
|Semolina (Sooji)||1/3 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1-2 tsp.|
|Sesame seeds||1-2 tsp.|
|Spices/ Seasonings||As per taste and choice.|
- Add semolina, chickpea flour, turmeric, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Gradually add water and mix it well to avoid any lump-formation.
- You can prepare this base a night before for minimizing meal preparation.
- Chop the veggies including capsicum, carrot, onion, and ginger.
- Add all the roughly chopped veggies into a grinder.
- Also add corns and grind them well.
- Add some oil to a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and sesame seeds to it.
- Once they start to crackle, add the base material to the pan, and start mixing it.
- Now sprinkle the spices and seasonings of your choice and mix.
- Mix until the batter is dried.
- Now it’s time to add the grinded veggies and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a tray, and even out the surface with the help of your hands or back of a Katori/ spatula.
- Sprinkle some more sesame seeds on top of it and even out the surface again.
- Let it set for some time.
- Now cut the mixture into small pieces of any shape. (I have cut rectangular pieces)
- In a pan, shallow fry them, until both sides turn golden brown.
- Serve warm with a dip or chutney of your choice.
- Chickpea flour is enriched with the goodness of protein, fiber, and micronutrients especially folate, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Semolina is a great source of fiber, folate, and magnesium.
- Veggies including carrot, capsicum, and onion are a jam-packed with not only fiber, but a variety of essential vitamins and minerals required by the body.
- Sesame seeds are an incredible source of manganese, phosphorus, and calcium.
- Garlic, despite of its small size has collection of micronutrients including phosphorus, folate, niacin, and thiamine.
|320 Kcal||50 gm||13.85 gm||8.8 gm|
Calories= 40 Kcal/ serve.
Do try this healthy and amazingly delicious “High Protein No- Bread Toast” Recipe.