Here is another interesting, sweet, and nutritious “Sattu” recipe. Sattu is one of the prominently used ingredient in summers due to its beneficial cooling properties. These “Sattu Energy Bites” can be a treat for those who have a sweet tooth. These bars are high on energy, brilliant in taste, and can be consumed guilt free in moderation. This is one of my favorite mid meal snack recipes that I can rely onto if nothing is available in hand.
- Instant source of energy.
- Helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Promotes good vessel functioning.
- Good for the heart health.
- Eases digestion.
- Strengthens hair.
- Enhances skin quality.
|Sattu (Roasted Chana Flour)||1 cup|
|Soft dates||3/4-1 cup|
|Pure Peanut Butter||2 tbsp.|
|Dry/Desiccated Coconut||1/2 cup|
|Cold pressed Virgin coconut oil||1.5 tbsp.|
- Take a mixer/grinder.
- Add all the ingredients including sattu, desiccated coconut, peanut butter, de-seeded dates, and.
- Grind it on high speed, until it’s mixed well and turned smooth.
- Once grinded, transfer it into a bowl.
- Crush and bind them with the help of your hands.
- Take small portions, roll them with the help of your hands.
- In the same manner, you can prepare the other energy bites/ladoos.
- Dates are enriched with the goodness of antioxidants, and micronutrients including potassium, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
- Sattu is an amazing source of iron, sodium, fiber, protein, and magnesium.
- Desiccated Coconut is especially high in manganese. Apart from that, it is also rich in copper, iron, selenium and various antioxidants.
- Peanut Butter is a great source of protein, healthy fats, and Vitamin B6, along with being rich in minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
|1226 Kcal||176 gm||36 gm||46 gm|
Calories= 70-80 Kcal
Enjoy the summer friendly Sattu Energy Bites, as a dessert or mid-day meal/snack.