Are you still deciding, what to cook for your lunch?
Stop thinking and have a look at this incredibly nutritious, colorful, and delicious high protein recipe that can be cooked for your lunch meal in just a few minutes.
This is a rice dish with lots of flavors and a new punch to it, which is not only tasty but very healthy at the same time.
It is a high protein and fiber recipe as it includes sprouts, rice, and vegetables.
This recipe is going to benefit your health in tremendous ways:
- It will aid digestion and prevent constipation.
- Sprouts multiply the nutritional profile of grains and pulses.
- Controls and reduces cholesterol.
- Bolsters immunity.
- Strengthens metabolism.
- Cleanses the body.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
|1.||White or Brown Cooked Rice||1.5 cup|
|6.||Steamed/Boiled Green Peas||¼ cup|
|8.||Olive Oil||1.5 tsp.|
|11.||Mixed Spices||As required|
|12.||Red Chilli Powder||As required|
|14.||Chopped green chilies||Optional|
Note: You can add any veggies of your choice as per season or region.
- In a warm pan, add some olive oil.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until it turns pinkish.
- Meanwhile, blend the tomato into a puree or paste.
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and other mixed spices as required.
- Mix them evenly.
- Now add the tomato puree to the pan and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid for few minutes to cook it.
- Add green peas, corns, capsicum, and other veggies of your choice to make it more colorful, tasty, and healthy.
- Mix it well and again cover it with a lid for some time.
- After some time, add cooked rice to the pan and give it a nice mix.
- Then add sprouts to the pan and mix again.
- Cook for some time with the lid on it.
- And turn off the flame.
- Your healthy protein-rich lunch is ready!
- You can consume it with some curd or raita or lassi and some salad.
Note: Keep in mind we neither want our vegetables to be completely raw nor overcooked.
Sprouts are rich in essential amino acids such as phenylalanine, leucine, valine, lysine, arginine, etc. It is also loaded with fiber and is a good source of protein as well.
Rice is a good source of and vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese.
Vegetables used including tomato, capsicum, onion, are a good source of fiber and essential vitamins and minerals. It provides variety and quality to the meal.
Olive oil is a good source of vitamin E and contains vitamins A and K, iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It is also a great source of amino acids!
|761 Kcal||120 g||36 g||15 g|
Enjoy this delightful, colorful and healthy meal in your lunch which fills you and rejoices you as well.