Soups are my favourite, for they are not only very easy to make, but they are tasty, healthy and nutritious altogether in one pot.
They are best when we don’t want to eat a complete heavy meal!
This soup has very basic ingredients and most abundantly the seasonal veggies which are very nutritious, loaded with fiber, micronutrients and antioxidants.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Eases digestion and relieves constipation.
- Helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Helps in reducing bad cholesterol levels.
- Good for eyesight.
|Leftover of broccoli stem||Some|
|Leftover of cauliflower stem||Some|
|Ginger with peel||Some|
|Spring onion/ Red onion||Some|
|Seasonal veggies mix||Some|
|Pink salt||To taste.|
|Black pepper||To taste.|
|Lemon Juice||To taste.|
|Mixed herbs||To taste.|
|Low fat paneer/ Tofu||60 gm|
For seasonal veggies, I have taken finely chopped beans, carrot, mushrooms, spring onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and fresh corns.
- First of all, we are going to prepare the stock.
- For it we will add all the up listed ingredients for stock in pan along with water.
- Give it a nice boil, and cover it with a lid, reduce the heat and cook it for some 10 minutes.
- Now in another pan, add all the seasonal veggies, and steam them.
- Then reduce the heat, and let it steam with a lid on.
- Make sure to stir the stock in intervals too.
- Now add vegetable stock to the lightly cooked veggies.
- Now add low fat paneer/ tofu to it.
- Also add the spice and seasonings as per choice.
- Let it cook and cover it with a lid.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- You can top it off with some lemon juice.
- Veggies are a great source of fiber, micronutrients, and plenty of antioxidants.
- Broccoli is high in vitamin K, calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.
- Cauliflower is composed of vitamin C, K, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Ginger is jam-packed with the goodness of vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
- Garlic is a good source of minerals including phosphorus, zinc, potassium, and magnesium. It is also rich in certain vitamins including vitamins C, K, folate, niacin, and thiamine.
- Carrot is enriched with the goodness of vitamin A, C, calcium, iron, biotin, and potassium.
- French beans are loaded with vitamin A, C, K, calcium, and fiber.
- Mushrooms are low carb, high protein rich food. It is also rich in antioxidants, and various minerals including iron, phosphorus, copper, potassium, and selenium.
- Spring onions are a great source of vitamin C, and calcium. They are also rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, B6, and various minerals.
|530 Kcal||85 gm||22 gm||21 gm|
Calories= 265 Kcal/serve.