Many people out there are so fond of eating that delicious pasta, but they are unable to eat because of the guilt that they have been bearing along with consuming that delicious bowl of pasta.
“Healthy Whole Wheat Pasta” is surely a boon for pasta lovers! This recipe is made up of whole wheat pasta, unlike that unhealthy all-purpose flour (maida) pasta.
It can be made at home anytime, as it is very easy to make without much effort or time, and you are ready to consume this guilt-free meal.
So if you get bored of your daily menu sometimes, do try this amazingly filling and delicious whole wheat pasta recipe.
Now it does have its benefits:
- Aids digestion and prevents constipation.
- Lowers your risk of heart disease.
- Helps prevent obesity and manage weight.
- Good for people with diabetes.
- Reduces inflammation.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
Calories: 300 Kcal/serve
|1.||Whole Wheat Pasta||2 cups|
|For Making Pasta Sauce|
|3.||Medium Size Tomatoes||2|
|8.||Spices||As per choice|
|9.||Olive Oil||2 tsp.|
For cooking pasta:
- In a pan, add a little amount of salt and olive oil into the water.
- Add Pasta.
- Cook for about 8-12 minutes. (Check regularly to see if the pasta is boiled).
For pasta sauce
- In a warm pan, add oil, garlic, and onions.
- Sauté them.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add chopped capsicum and mix well again.
- Add salt and mixed spices as per choice and taste.
- Once made, after cooling it a bit, convert it to an even paste.
- In a pan, add some oil.
- Add chopped capsicum and some corns.
- Then add the pasta sauce we made and mix.
- Now add the boiled pasta into it and mix evenly.
- You can garnish it with some basil leaves and unprocessed mozzarella or any grated cheese.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- Don’t overcook the veggies.
Whole wheat pasta is high in fiber, manganese, selenium, copper, and phosphorus. It is also enriched with iron and some B vitamins. Also, it is less in calories as compared to refined flour pasta.
Vegetables used including capsicum, tomatoes, and onion are a good source of fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals.
Calories: 300 Kcal/serve Don’t forget to count on this yummy and healthy whole wheat pasta when craving something delicious and filling!