Hello everyone, in this article I’ll talk about world’s most powerful green drink. One cup of this drink can give you benefits of 10 cups of green tea. It has 137 times more antioxidants than green tea. This drink increases your focus and gives you energy that is more sustained. This tea helps you maintain your focus and stay alert. It is for these reasons that this drink is called world’s most clean and green fuel for body. We are talking about ‘Matcha Tea’.
What is matcha tea ?
- It’s a type of green tea made by taking young tea leaves and grinding them into a bright green powder
- This powder is then whisked with hot water. It is different from normal green tea where leaves are infused in water and then removed
- Matcha tea are grown on tea bushes kept under shade
- Shade increases the amount of chorophyll content in the leaves, which makes them bright green and full of nutrients
- The leaves are traditionally ground by granite stones into super fine powder
- This grinding is done in the night to protect the nutrients
- Because most of the work in this process is done manually, matcha is expensive compared to other green tea
Matcha tea is the least processed type of green tea
- Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than a regular cup of green tea
- It is equivalent to 10 cups of regular green tea in terms of nutrients
- 100 grams of matcha tea contains 2.41 mg of L – Theanine which improves creativity, learning and memory
- Matcha is a perfect blend of calorie burner, energy booster and detox
Health benefits of matcha tea
- Boosts immunity and metabolism
- Loaded is antioxidants
- Maintains blood sugar levels in the body
- Improves energy, focus and memory
- Helps in detoxofication
- Helps burn calories
- Enhances fat mobilisation
- Protects your heart
- Reduces stress and has a relaxing effect
How much matcha tea in a day ?
- Start with low amount that is 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
- Your body takes time to get used to matcha, make sure you start with a smaller amount and gradually increase
How does matcha compare to green tea ?
- Both green tea and matcha contain caffeine but much less than coffee or black tea
- Matcha also contains more EGCG
- Good quality matcha is bright green and smooth and there will be a slightly sweet taste
How to make matcha tea ?
- Matcha powder and hot water should be whisked together
- It’s recommended that you use a tea strainer to sift the matcha into a bowl to avoid clumps
- Then add warm water and whisk it
- Traditionally this is done with a bamboo whisk called chasen
- The whisking creates a foamy tea that can be poured into a cup
- Warm some water at about 70 – 80 degrees and mix it with the foamy tea
Who should be careful with matcha tea ?
- Pregnant women and people with stomach issues should be careful with matcha tea
- Matcha can cause constipation and stomach upset
- It can also cause other side effects with overuse
- Having it at odd times can also cause insomnia
Best time to drick matcha tea
- Don’t drink it within 90 minutes of waking up
- Don’t drink it with a meal
- Don’t drink it post 4 pm or sunset
- Start with lower quantity at first