Today we have brought you up the “World’s Most Popular Weight Loss Drink”. It is also a favorite Pre Workout Drink for many people.
But do this drink made up of the main ingredient- “Black Coffee” really helps in Weight Loss?
Stay tuned to know.
Black coffee is considered a zero or negative calorie drink with many benefits for weight loss.
1 cup of Black Coffee has just 2-8 calories.
What is caffeine & how it works?
Coffee Stimulates your Central Nervous System, hence making you feel awake and energised. It may help you concentrate better.
It temporarily increases dopamine. Hence it helps you handle fatigue, bad moods and stress better.
It acts as diuretic.
Coffee is not a fuel for the body but a stimulant that increases adrenaline.
Black coffee Benefits for weight loss.
It contributes towards weight loss by showing the following functions:
- Reduce production of fat cells: If you drink black coffee in between a meal, then your body will produce less glucose and fat cells.
- Detoxification: Black coffee contains antioxidants, which help in the weight loss process.
- Boost Metabolism: Black coffee helps in the stimulation of metabolic activity.
- It increases your energy levels.
- Helps suppress hunger.
- Zero calorie : Black coffee is a low-calorie drink, and also does not contain fats or cholesterol.
- Helps In Mobilization & oxidation of fat cells.
- May help improve workouts as well.
- Helps reduce water weight.
Other Benefits of Black Coffee.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Enhances memory : It works as a brain stimulant.
- Good for your liver.
- May benefit kidney, because of its diuretic properties.
- Help remove toxins from stomach.
- Prevents risk of developing some cancers.
Avoid Coffee as First thing in the morning/ Empty Stomach!
- Caffeine present in coffee may also cause gastrointestinal discomfort by increasing the production of stomach acid (hydrochloric acid).
- It stimulates your brain, forcing you to wake up. However it’s always good to let your brain and body wake up without any stimulant.
- In morning it can add to stress and gives you jitters later.
How to prepare Black Coffee for Weight Loss?
- Add lemon juice (Vitamin C) to increase the absorption and utilization of antioxidants from coffee.
- If you consume black coffee daily, then go for decaffeinated coffee.
- You can add spices and herbs especially in winters like cinnamon for increased nutritional value.
Best time to drink Coffee: 30-40 min before workout or in between meal.
How much Coffee is too much Coffee?
- Generally, healthy adults should try to stick to between 200- 400 mg of caffeine per day or less.
- If the only caffeinated drink you have is coffee, that’s about 2- 4 cups.
- If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, limit your caffeine intake to about 80-100 mg per day.
Side Effects of Drinking Black coffee in excess.
- Too much black coffee releases high levels of stress hormones.
- Avoid consuming coffee first thing in the morning.
- May worsen mood disorder.
- Excessive coffee intake can seriously mess up your sleeping routine.
- It can make you dehydrated & may result in loss of nutrients and electrolytes.
- Black coffee is rich in caffeine and acid, so excess consumption can lead to acidity in your stomach.
- Too much coffee in your system makes it difficult for your body to absorb minerals from your daily diet, such as iron, calcium, and zinc.
- Avoid consuming coffee with or immediately after a meal.
- Don’t depend entirely on caffeine for your daily energy
- It may interact with medications and disturb drug-nutrient interactions.
- Not good for females in large amounts.
- Take a one to two weeks break from coffee every now and then.
So, this was everything you needed to know about COFFEE, consume this wonderful ingredient wisely to attain maximum benefits out of it.