Salads have long been the healthiest, safest, yet most rejuvenating delight, whether as a snack or a whole meal.
Quinoa Mango Salad is not only delicious, but it’s also nourishing and fulfilling.
The scientific benefit and reason to eat salad for sure are that; According to human eating habits, a person is more likely to consume a meal if it is interesting and attractive. These two traits are well-known in salads. It’s also a good idea to have as many colors on your plate as possible, and salads are a great way to do so.
This “QUINOA MANGO SALAD” is enriched with the best plant-based source of protein and fiber. This salad is loaded with antioxidants too. So, what are you waiting for?
Before knowing the recipe, let’s see some of the incredible health benefits it offers:
- Helps to keep blood sugar levels in check.
- May aid in weight loss.
3. Beneficial to digestion and metabolism.
4. Assists with weight loss
5. Anti-inflammatory and antiviral activities are present.
6. Antioxidants are thought to help fight illnesses.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
ASSEMBLING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
Calories: 240 Kcal/ serve
|1.||Cooked quinoa||½ cup|
|1.||Lemon Juice||1.5 tsp.|
|2.||Chili flakes||As required.|
|3.||Pink salt||As required.|
|4.||Black pepper||As required.|
|6.||Virgin Olive oil||1 tsp.|
Note: I use Neuherbs organic quinoa seeds. These are USDA certified organic seeds.
Checkout Neuherbs Quinoa seeds here: https://bit.ly/2Vz9rgi
You can also purchase from: Amazon: https://amzn.to/3AgZ008
They are natural and super clean, and free from any toxins.
These are the product of India.
- Soak ½ cup quinoa in water in a bowl.
- Cover it with a lid and let it rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove water from quinoa.
- Add 3-4 times water (approx. 1.5 cups) in a pan.
- Heat water, once it starts to boil, add quinoa.
- Cook on low heat with lid on for 15-17 minutes.
- Start checking after 12 minutes, if it is cooked or not.
FOR DRESSING OF THE SALAD:
- Add all the ingredients including lemon juice, chili flakes, pink salt, black pepper, oregano, virgin olive oil, and honey in a mixing jar.
- Turn on the lid and shake and mix it well
- Your “QUINOA MANGO SALAD DRESSING” is ready!
- Take a bowl and start adding the ingredients.
- Add cooked quinoa, vegetables including carrot, tomato, capsicum, and onions.
- Also, add mango and corns.
- Then shake the jar with dressing and pour it over the dry ingredients.
- Mix it well.
- Your “QUINOA MANGO SALAD” is ready to consume!
Quinoa is a gluten-free, whole-grain carbohydrate that also happens to be a complete source of total protein, meaning it contains all of the essential amino acids.
Mango is highly rich in antioxidants and is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, folate, and copper.
Vegetables like carrot, capsicum, onion, and tomato are not only a really good source of fiber but also are jam-packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
|460 Kcal||96 g||12 g||8 g|
Calories: 240 Kcal/ serve
Count on this instant, “QUINOA SALAD” for munching and nourishing the soul.