You all might be consuming “OATS” one or the other way, but this method of consuming oats is a new concept and my current favorite too.
Steamed oats is a whole new concept of including oats in the diet in addition with other super healthy ingredients including curd, peanut butter, jaggery, carrots, and coconut.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Promotes healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Relieves constipation.
- Keeps you satiated and avoids unhealthy binge eating.
|Quick oats||3.5 tbsp.|
|Jaggery powder||1.5 tbsp.|
|Peanut butter||1 tsp.|
|Vanilla extract||Few drops.|
|Baking powder||1/8 tsp.|
|Cashew nuts/ Almonds||7-9|
- In a bowl, add curd, peanut butter, and jaggery powder.
- Mix them very nicely.
- To it, add quick oats, and mix.
- Now add grated carrot and mix again.
- Let it rest for some time.
- Until then, warm a utensil with water to steam.
- Now add dried coconut, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Also add finely chopped cashew/ almonds along with some raisins to the bowl.
- Now it’s time to add baking power to the bowl, mix everything well.
- Now transfer the mixture to a vessel, settle it down.
- Top it off with some cashews, dried coconut and raisins.
- Steam for 12-15 minutes on high heat.
- And your steamed oats are ready!
- Quick oats are comprised of carbs, fiber, essential vitamins and minerals along with loads of antioxidants.
- Carrot is an amazing source of beta carotene (Vitamin A), and many other essential micronutrients including calcium, vitamin K, etc.
- Curd is enriched with the goodness of protein, vitamins and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese.
- Coconut is rich in fiber and micronutrients including Vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Peanut Butter is a great source of protein, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- Jaggery powder is a good source of B vitamins, and minerals including calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and copper.
- Cashews are enriched with magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, and heart healthy fats.
- Raisins are jam-packed with the goodness of vitamin C, selenium, and zinc.
|355 Kcal||61.3 gm||6.7 gm||11.4 gm|
Calories= 170 Kcal/ Serve
Do try this very amazing and creative oats recipe when craving something healthy that is sweet too.