Today’s fit meal is a high-protein lunch or dinner recipe that is made up of protein-rich “Quinoa”. Quinoa is a pseudo-grain and has an ultimate protein profile as it includes all the essential amino acids required by the body.
This recipe is a summation of all the nutrients you need on a plate, as the meal is well balanced with high protein, fiber, and adequate carbohydrates along with the presence of essential vitamins, and minerals.
- Helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Improves metabolic health.
- Eases digestion and prevents constipation.
- Aids weight loss and management.
- Boosts the energy levels.
- Enhances skin and hair.
|Boiled black chana||1/4 cup|
|Chana stock||1/2 cup|
|Low fat paneer/Tofu (Optional)||20-30 gm|
|Salt||As per taste.|
|Seasonings||As per taste.|
|Mustard sauce||1/2 tsp.|
|Black pepper||As required|
|Mixed herbs||As required|
Quinoa Chana Pulao
- Soak the quinoa in water 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Chop the pumpkin, potato, and onion into small dice.
- In a pan, add some oil and cumin seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add chopped pumpkin and sauté it.
- To it, add chopped onions and potato as well.
- Let it cook for some time with a lid on.
- Now finely chop the carrots and capsicum.
- Simultaneously add the chopped carrots, spices, and seasonings to the pan.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook.
- Along with chopping capsicum, chop the tomato as well.
- Now add the boiled chana stock into the pan along with the soaked quinoa and boiled chana.
- Mix them well and turn on the lid and let that cook.
- Now add chopped capsicum, tomatoes, and some diced low-fat paneer.
- Mix everything well and turn on the lid.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients in a bowl including tahini paste, mustard sauce, black pepper, mixed herbs, and some water as required.
Top the quinoa chana pulao with some fresh coriander leaves.
Serve the “Quinoa Chana Pulao” into a plate or bowl and top it off with the seasoning.
- Quinoa is an amazing superfood as it is gluten-free, fiber-rich, protein-rich with all essential amino acids and essential vitamins and minerals including magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin-E, and various antioxidants.
- Chana is loaded with protein, fiber, and carbohydrates along with an abundance of vital minerals and vitamins such as iron, copper, manganese, phosphorus, Vitamin B6, C, folate, etc.
- Pumpkin is enriched with the goodness of antioxidants and many micronutrients such as Vitamin A, B2, C, E, iron, copper, manganese, and potassium.
- Carrots are a fine source of many vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, K1, B6, biotin, and potassium.
- Capsicum is also rich in vital nutrients especially manganese, and vitamin K.
- Tomatoes are rich sources of potassium, Vitamin C, and folate.
- Onion is jam-packed with the goodness of potassium, folate, vitamin C, and B6.
- Tahini is rich in nutrients including fiber, protein, copper, phosphorus, and selenium.
- Mustard Sauce is enriched with protein, fiber, Vitamin C, and many B complex vitamins.
|270 Kcal||45 gm||8.6 gm||8.46 gm|
Do try this amazingly delicious and healthy-fit meal.