Here is an amazing delicious and healthy instant smoothie recipe for busy mornings that is made up of two very simple ingredients: MANGO & RAGI. It is not only healthy and refreshing but is fulfilling as well.
This recipe is both gluten and dairy free.
Ragi is the richest source of calcium and provides dietary fiber, minerals and proteins as well.
Mango on the other hand is a brilliant source of various vitamins and minerals and is truly reviving in summers especially.
This power packed delightful smoothie high in fibre, calcium and filled with the goodness of antioxidants is truly a treat and a perfect smoothie recipe for people trying to lose weight as well.
- Lowers risk of cancer.
- Supports heart health.
- Aids digestion.
- Fortifies bone density.
- Keeps blood sugar levels in check.
- Treats anemia.
- Boost Nervous system function.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
Calories: 271 Kcal/serve.
|1.||Almond Milk||1 cup|
|3.||Ragi Flakes||4-5 tbsp.|
|4.||Ripe Mango||½ cup|
|5.||Peanut Butter||1.5 tsp.|
|7.||Pure Honey||1 tsp.|
Note: You can even use jaggery powder instead of honey if you want to make it a vegan drink.
- Blend 12-15 soaked almonds in a blender or grinder with 1 glass of water. Strain the milk and use it in the smoothie.
- Now, in a blender, start adding almond milk (half of it) at the bottom of the blender jar.
- Following it, add the other ingredients: Ragi flakes, chopped mango, Ceylon cinnamon, honey and peanut butter.
- Finish it by adding rest of the almond milk into the blender.
- Blend the mixture on high speed until its smooth.
- Check the consistency and add more almond milk or plain water (As required)
- Transfer the smoothie into a serving glass or a jar.
- Garnish with some chopped mangoes, honey and cinnamon and enjoy.
NOTE: For more silky texture of the smoothie, soak the Ragi flakes in 1/2 Cup of warm water for 20-30min before making the smoothie.
Ragi is enriched with loads of calcium, protein, iron, antioxidants, and fibers. It also provides the essential vitamins and minerals.
Mango is known for its cooling, refreshing properties. But at the same time it is a very good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
Peanut butter and almonds provide the correct amount of protein to the drink.
Calories: 271 Kcal/serve
Don’t forget to include this super nutritious and alluring smoothie in your breakfast!