Snacks without dips are exactly similar to car without wheels, lame?
But dips can be healthy? Yes, why not?
So, here are two very tasty and healthy dips for you, that can be prepared without much time and efforts.
“Tahini is a paste made from toasted and ground sesame seeds”.
|Sesame seeds||2 tbsp.|
|Salt||As per taste.|
|Virgin sesame oil||Optional.|
- Simple Dry Roast the sesame seeds for about 3-4 minutes.
- Let them cool completely.
- Then add them to a grinder and grind them to make paste.
- Scrape the side of the grinder.
- Soon the seeds will start to release oil.
- Add sesame oil if you like, it’s a completely optional step.
- Store it in a clean and sterilized glass container.
- You can keep tahini in the refrigerator for a month, maybe a bit more.
- Don’t use a wet or dirty spoon while using it.
Tahini is high in fiber, protein, and important vitamins and minerals.
One tablespoon (15 grams) of tahini contains the following nutrients.
|86 Kcal||3 gm||3 gm||8 gm||2 gm|
It’s also very high in Copper, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc and calcium.
- It is loaded with antioxidants, which reduces your risk of disease.
- It has antibacterial properties.
- It also contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Helps in strengthening of your nervous system.
- Helps in protecting functioning of liver and kidney.
“Cooked, mashed chickpeas are combined with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic to make this Middle Eastern dip.”
|Boiled chickpeas||2 tbsp.|
|Salt||As per taste.|
|Lemon Juice||As per taste.|
|Virgin olive oil||1 tsp.|
|Spices||As per choice and taste.|
- Add all of the above ingredients to a grinding jar.
- Grind them to make a paste.
- Your Hummus dressing is ready to serve.
NOTE: Try to make it fresh, however if there’s some leftover you can store it for next few days.
One Tbsp. Hummus has approximately 30 calories.
It’s also high in protein and fiber.
|23.24 Kcal||1.11 gm||2 gm||1.34 gm||0.84 gm|
- It is packed with plant-based protein, which makes it a healthy option for vegans and vegetarians.
- Helps in fighting inflammation.
- Aids digestive health.
- Feeds good gut bacteria, thus good for gut health.
- Helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- It is gluten, nut, and dairy free, thus best for people with any intolerances.
Do try these amazing homemade dips and enrich the taste of your favorite snacks.