Sandwiches are one of the best snacks liked by children! They would easily grab a sandwich and enjoy it over normal breakfast meals. Here is a very nourishing and healthy “Vegan High Protein Tofu Sandwich” that can be made in less than 15 minutes. You can easily make it without much of efforts and time for your child’s breakfast or pack it for lunch.
- Improves brain function.
- Helps in strengthening of bones.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Manages blood sugar levels.
- It provides fiber for good gut health.
- Helps in lowering of cholesterol.
- It reduces inflammation.
|Silken Tofu/ Homemade Soy Paneer||75 gm|
|Pink salt||To taste.|
|Whole wheat bread-||4-6|
|Slices of cucumber, onion and tomato||As required.|
- Add tofu to a bowl.
- Mash it nicely with the help of a fork.
- In a pan, add oil, chopped garlic, and onion.
- Sauté them.
- Now add chopped capsicum and mix.
- Add chopped tomatoes and continue sauteing.
- Now add the mashed tofu to the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now it’s time to add spices and seasonings, and mix again.
- Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Add 2 big spoons of homemade hummus into the prepared “tofu veggies” mixture.
- On a slice of bread, spread the prepared mixture.
- Top it off with thin slices of tomato, cucumber, and onion.
- Layer it with another slice of bread.
- And in the similar manner, make sandwiches out of the prepared mixture.
- On a pan, add some oil, and toast the sandwich until its golden brown on both the sides.
- And your healthy and delicious “Vegan Tofu Sandwich” is ready!
- Tofu is one of the richest plant-based protein sources with the composition of all the essential amino acids required by the body. On top of that, it is enriched with the goodness of micronutrients such as calcium, manganese, copper, vitamin A, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- Veggies are the best source of fiber along with their richness in multitude of essential vitamins and minerals along with plenty of antioxidants.
- Hummus is jam-packed with the goodness of several important nutrients such as fiber, protein, and micronutrients including magnesium, potassium, and iron.
|560 Kcal||88 gm||23 gm||16.8 gm|
Calories= 280 Kcal/serve.