This magical morning drink is brought you by numerous health benefits, out of which weight loss is the prominent one. Other benefits include improved metabolism and energy levels, nourishment of skin and hair, and reduction in fat storage. This drink is loaded with the goodness of plenty of micronutrients, basically vitamins and minerals that contribute towards a healthy body.
This drink comprised of the 4 main ingredients: AMLA, BEETROOT, CARROT, and GINGER. Before jumping onto its recipe, let us take a quick review of how these ingredients benefits our body:
AMLA (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla is known to balance all the processes in the body. Being alkaline in nature and rich in fiber, it is very nutritious for a person. It contains 20 times more vitamin C than an orange, and is also great for detoxification, boosting metabolism, improving digestion, and providing remedy for hyper acidity & bloating too. Not only this, Amla is also good for the skin, hair & boosts immunity too. Amla acts as a natural blood purifier, and here we rest the case!
Beetroot has plenty of nutrients such as folate, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. It is considered great for women. Beetroot helps open the blood vessels, thus increasing the flow of oxygen throughout your body. The presence of nitrate in beetroot helps cleanse the liver. Beetroot is also great for heart health. Being high in fiber, it keeps you full and improves digestion. It is known to promote menstruation and improve blood circulation, and therefore it is very helpful in anaemia. It also shows anti-inflammatory effects. Other benefits include helping cure depression. And at last, it highly nutritious and low on calories, what else do we want?
Carrot is high in essential bioactive compounds and many essential nutrients and antioxidants. It is an excellent source of vitamin A, followed by vitamin C. These are a great source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. It is a weight loss friendly vegetable, as being low on calories and high on nutrients. It is also known to lower cholesterol and primarily improve eye health.
Ginger roots contain active compounds called gingerols, which act as powerful digestive aids.
Ginger is known to increase serotonin and dopamine levels, that in turns helps decrease any inflammation. It therefore provides relief from disorders such as anxiety, depression, and dementia.
Apart from the health benefits and nutritional profile each ingredient offers on their own , here are some magical benefits they do when they are combined into a recipe:
Beetroots and carrots are a charming couple, and this combination is great for people with anaemia because it naturally raises iron levels. And by including amla, you’ll receive a double dosage of vitamin C.
Let us jump into the recipe now!
|Honey/ Soft dates||1 tsp/ 2|
- Steam the veggies (beetroot and carrot) in little water.
- Add ginger & amla to it.
- Switch off heat & let the mixture cool down a bit.
- In a blender add the mixture with water, salt & honey.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Consume immediately, do not store.
Why do we steam/cook ingredients?
Why do we not blend the raw ingredients, and steam/cook them? Here are the following benefits of it:
- Improves digestion: People with poor digestive health have difficulty consuming raw vegetables.
- Reduces Side effects: Raw vegetables have high chances of including bacteria, pathogens & anti-nutrients, which will be reduced on steaming/cooking.
- Body type: Beet pacifies Vata but could aggravate Kapha and Pitta if not cooked with balancing spices and other ingredients. Therefore, steaming is important.
- Taste: Cooked beets transform the starches into natural sweeteners that are cooling in nature.
- Increases the availability of certain nutrients, which is very beneficial.
The entire glass is of 115 calories in total. A very less number of calories with loads of nutrition and numerous health benefits, so what are you waiting for?