Salads are the most easy and tasty recipes that can be made with negligible efforts and time, and this is one of the prominent reasons I love them.
But, do you want that your salads not only provide you fiber, but a great proportion of protein too?
Then here’s “Protein and Fiber rich vegetable salad” for you.
- Promotes cell growth and regeneration.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Aids in improved heart health.
- Aids in digestion.
- Provides natural antimicrobial properties.
|Raw peanuts||1/4 cup|
|Mix veggies||1.5 cups|
|Olive oil||1 tsp.|
|Pink salt||To taste.|
|Chili (Green/red)||As per taste.|
|Chaat masala||To taste.|
|Tamarind chutney||2-3 tsp.|
|Lemon juice||1/2 lemon|
|Puffed rice||1/4 cup|
|Besan sev (Optional)||Handful|
- In a bowl, add peanuts, and water, let them soak for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Now, in a pan, add soaked peanut, and water, and heat it with the lid on.
- Meanwhile chop the seasonal veggies, I have taken carrots, capsicum, onion, tomato, corns, and boiled potato.
- In another pan, add some oil, and mustard seeds.
- Once they start to crackle, add chopped onion, carrot, and capsicum.
- Now, add some corns, and sauté them a bit.
- Now, add some dried coconut to the pan.
- Add boiled peanuts to the pan.
- And at last, add chopped tomatoes and boiled potato to the pan.
- Sprinkle the spices and seasonings as per choice and taste.
- Now add puffed rice to the pan, and mix well.
- Transfer the salad to the bowl.
- Garnish it with Besan sev and coriander leaves.
- Peanuts are enriched with the goodness of protein, fat, and fiber.
- Veggies are jam-packed with the goodness of fiber, essential vitamins and minerals, and an ample number of antioxidants.
- Tamarind is rich in essential micronutrients such as vitamin B1, B3, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron.
- Coconut is rich in manganese, copper, iron, and plenty of antioxidants.
- Lemon juice is a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and many beneficial plant compounds.
- Puffed rice is an excellent source of calcium, vitamin D, and fiber.
|630 Kcal||96 gm||25.37 gm||39 gm|
Calories= 210 Kcal/serve.