Wheatgrass is the young leaves of the common wheat plant.
It is often referred to as the “green blood” for its rich chlorophyll content.
Wheatgrass is an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals. It is especially high in vitamins A, K, C and E, as well as iron, calcium and amino acids.
It is composed of, eight amino acids that are considered essential, and is loaded with several important antioxidants, including glutathione and vitamins C and E.
Wheatgrass comprises 98 of the 102 earth elements found in soil.
- Wheatgrass helps boost immunity.
- It is an excellent source of enzymes and amino acids that fight off dangerous pathogens.
- These essential compounds assist in strengthening the body’s cells
- They also help prevent pollutants and other harmful elements from damaging your body.
- Wheatgrass promotes healthy digestion.
It contains good amounts of dietary fiber and B-complex vitamins, which helps your digestive muscles work at its best with these nutrients.
- Wheatgrass helps to alkalize the body.
- Wheatgrass protects against liver diseases : as it helps in detoxification of the liver.
- Wheatgrass fights free radical damage.
- It aids and promotes weight loss.
- Wheatgrass contains compounds such as thylakoids, resulting in reduced food cravings ( sugar & salt) and intake.
- Regular consumption of wheatgrass helps stimulate the thyroid gland, which boosts metabolism, provides more energy and aids in weight loss
- It helps in the management of Obesity by digesting Ama ( toxics) due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestion) properties.
- Wheatgrass improves and bolsters the energy levels.
- It reduce chronic fatigue syndrome
- Wheatgrass contains good amounts of iron, a mineral that boosts the production of red blood cells.
- Wheatgrass boosts heart health too.
It is also dubbed as a “blood purifier” and is believed to play a beneficial role in stimulating blood circulation.
- Wheatgrass promotes healthier skin and hair.
It also helps to slow down the aging , reversing its graying.
- It may help in treating kidney stones.
Wheatgrass can help in improving eyesight.
- Wheatgrass can also help in providing relief from insomnia.
- It prevents varicose veins.
- It can help de-stress and fight depression.
WHEATGRASS, Easy to Add to Your Diet!
- Wheatgrass is widely available in powder, juice and capsule form.
- Furthermore, if you are able to grow wheatgrass at home, you can use a juicer to make your own wheatgrass juice.
- You can use the juice or powder to boost the nutritional content of your favorite green smoothies.
- You can also mix wheatgrass juice into salad dressings, teas or other beverages.
Note: Always buy organic & from trusted brands in order to experience the true and legit benefits.
How much WHEATGRASS in a day?
- When you first start taking wheatgrass, begin with a small dose and gradually increase your intake.
- A typical liquid dose is anywhere from 15-30ml shots.
- The usual powdered dose is 3 to 5 grams, or about 1 teaspoon.
Possible Side Effects of Wheatgrass
- Upset stomach.
- Don’t take wheatgrass if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Allergic reactions are possible in some people, especially those who are allergic to wheat or grass.
- If you are on medication, avoid its consumption or consult your physician.
Reportedly, many Hollywood stars including Angelina Jolie sips on wheatgrass and people believe that’s the secret behind her radiant glow and Weight Loss.
Do try this super amazing green and add it to your diet keeping in mind all the considerations and taking adequate precautions in order to achieve maximum nutritional and health benefits.