Have you ever imagined making tea, that too without the milk?
By this, I meant the prominently used cow/buffalo milk (basically dairy milk) in our homes?
Ok! Let me simplify it for you. So there are people out there who are unable to digest cow milk as it contains lactose (milk sugar), this is also known as lactose intolerance.
People with lactose intolerance can enjoy this tea, because why not tea is the most favorite drink in India.
Or even you could simply take a break from dairy products, and meanwhile enjoy this dairy-free tea which is made up of coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
It is not only nutritious and can be easily digested as well.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Build muscle and helps reduces fat.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Good for your gut, thus aids digestion, and prevents constipation.
- Prevents fatigue and energizes you.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 8-10 minutes
Calories: 55 Kcal/ Serve
|2.||Coconut Milk||¾ cup|
|3.||Black Pepper Corn||4-5|
|4.||Small Pieces of Ginger||2-3|
|5.||Ceylon Cinnamon||Small stick|
|6.||Fennel seeds||¼ tsp.|
|9.||Tea Leaves||As required.|
- Use oats or coconut milk for tea with a rich texture.
- Use nut milk for a light tea.
- Use Soy milk for a healthy tea.
- Take a pestle and mortar, and grind all the up-listed ingredients including ginger, cloves, cardamom, black peppercorn, Ceylon cinnamon, and fennel seeds.
- Add the ground powder into the water in a pan.
- Turn on the flame and give a nice boil to the water.
- Also, add some tea leaves to it.
- Now gradually add milk to the pan.
- And now reduce the heat to the lowest and keep stirring until ready.
- Serve warm.
Coconut is highly caloric as well nutrient-dense milk. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D.
|55 Kcal||5.75g||0.37 g||3.7g|
Try this easy-to-make tea without using dairy milk, and yet get almost a similar taste and good nutrition.