Making all those old boring smoothies with same or similar ingredients need to change. Variety is the key to consistency!
So, today’s smoothie is made up of a fruit with ultimate benefits and amazing nutritional profile.
Sapota, also commonly known as “Chikoo” is the important ingredient in this smoothie which makes it different from the usual smoothies.
- Eases digestion and relieves constipation.
- Helps in controlling high blood pressure.
- Excellent source of antioxidants.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Good for the gut.
- Helps in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
|Soaked oats||2 tbsp.|
|Fresh curd||1/2 cup|
|Small-Medium Sapota (Chikoo)||2|
|Chia seeds (Optional)||1-2 tsp.|
- In a blender jar, add water and soaked quick oats.
- In pestle and mortar, grind cardamom.
- Add the grinded cardamom to the blender as well.
- No add soaked almonds, some fresh curd, and little water to the blender.
- Roughly peel the sapota, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces.
- Add the roughly chopped sapota into the blender.
- And blend all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the smoothie into a glass/ smoothie jar.
- Serve fresh and enjoy.
- Top it off with some chopped almonds and you are ready to consume.
- Oats is a wholesome food in itself as it is enriched with the goodness of healthy carbs, high fiber, protein, essential vitamins and minerals, and plenty antioxidants.
- Almonds is jam-packed with the goodness of protein, fiber, vitamin E, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, niacin, thiamine, folate and riboflavin.
- Cardamom is enriched with remarkable quantities of vitamin B3, vitamin C, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Sapota is a great source of calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin A, and C.
- Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, and antioxidants.
- Curd is rich in protein, and essential vitamins and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sodium, folic acid, and vitamin B12.
- Sapota, being the highlighted ingredient of the smoothie has been given more emphasis. Here are the benefits that “Sapota” provides:
SAPOTA FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- Sapota aids in weight loss by providing following benefits:
- Keeps you full for a longer period of time.
- Aids digestion.
- Relieves constipation.
- Helps in boosting metabolism of the body.
- It also helps in detoxification of the body.
OTHER POTENTIAL BENEFITS
- The existence of vitamin C in sapota helps in bolstering the immune system.
- The presence of various vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants leads to enhancement of skin.
- Also helps in improving hair growth.
- Sapota is also considered good for the bones due to the presence of calcium, phosphorus, and iron.
- Sapota, being rich in dietary fibers eases digestion.
- It is considered to be the amazing fruit for the mothers to be/ ladies who have conceived as it is a complete package of healthy carbohydrates along with amazing nutrient profile.
- Sapota and the plant compounds present inside it are anti-inflammatory in nature.
- It is believed to reduce blood pressure levels.
|380 Kcal||78.25 gm||6.75 gm||11.55 gm|
Do try this amazingly delicious and healthy “Fit meal smoothie”.