Sandwiches are the easy way out to feed the children, as these are the most appealing form of breakfast kids prefer for both breakfast and lunch. And this is when you can make it the most balanced meal of the day, and kickstart their day with a boost of energy and nutrition. Very easy to make, these sandwiches can be prepared in no time and very less efforts.
- Improves digestion.
- Keeps heart healthy.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Boosts energy and metabolism.
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol levels.
|Boiled kala channa||1/2 cup.|
|Hung curd||2 tbsp.|
|Chili flakes||To taste.|
|Dried herbs- Oregano||To taste.|
|Chaat masala||To taste.|
|Dijon mustard sauce||To taste.|
|Whole wheat bread||6-8|
- In a bowl, add boiled kala channa.
- Mash them with the help of a fork.
- Now add hung curd to it.
- Add spices and seasonings as per your choice.
- Now add Dijon mustard sauce, and give it a nice mix.
- Now it’s time to add all the chopped veggies to the bowl.
- And mix again.
- Now apple the prepared mixture onto bread slices.
- Toast them on the tawa with application of some oil.
- Toast until both sides turn golden brown.
- Cut them into halves and serve with the dip/sauce/chutney of your choice.
- You can also serve them with some more veggies, for example I have taken some tomato.
- And your healthy “High Protein Sandwich” is good to go.
- Kala Chana is a type of legume that’s high in protein, fiber, and carbs. It’s high in vitamins B6, C, folate, niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin, as well as minerals including manganese, phosphorus, iron, and copper.
- Veggies including onion, cucumber, tomato, capsicum are enriched with the goodness of fiber, plenty of vitamins and minerals.
- Curd is an excellent source of protein, and micronutrients including calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and vitamin B12.
- Mustard has a lot of protein, fiber, vitamin C, and B-complex vitamins.
|630 Kcal||99 gm||20 gm||18.5 gm|
Calories= 210 Kcal/serve.