Want a new twist to your daily breakfast?
Here are the very interesting, appetizing, healthy, nutritious, and tasty “MOONG DAL MINI BUN” enriched with the goodness of high protein, fiber, and loads of essential vitamins and minerals altogether.
It is yet another very innovative way of feeding the kids with ample nutrition without them even realizing. And the best part is, it hardly takes 10-15 minutes. So, what are you waiting for?
- Gives an instant boost of energy.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Aids digestion and relieves constipation.
- Helps in strengthening of bones.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol levels.
|Moong dal||1/3 cup|
|Rice flour||1/4 cup|
|Tofu/Low fat paneer||100 gm|
|Veggies mix||1.5 cup|
|Chili powder||To taste.|
|Garam masala||To taste.|
|Amchur powder||To taste.|
|Coriander powder||To taste.|
- Foremost soak the moong dal in water.
- Now add the soaked moong dal, rice flour, and some water in a grinder/ blender/ mixer.
- Blend it well and make a smooth batter.
- In another bowl, mash the low-fat paneer/ tofu.
- To it, add boiled mashed potato, and mixture of veggies.
- To both the bowls, add spices and seasonings as per choice and taste.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Now divide the portions of the dry batter and make small tikkis with the help of your hands.
- On a pan, add some oil, and spread a layer of wet batter, onto it place the tikki, and again place a layer of wet batter on top of it.
- Cover it with a lid and cook nicely.
- Make sure to cook evenly until both sides turn golden brown.
- Similarly make all the tikkis.
- Serve warm with any dip or chutney of your choice.
- I have taken vegetables including carrot, broccoli, onion, cauliflower, etc. as per choice and availability.
- Cook the tikkis on low to medium heat.
- Veggies are not only enriched with the goodness of wholesome fiber, but essential micronutrients required by the body.
- Tofu/ Low fat paneer is abundant in protein, and micronutrients such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin B12.
- Rice flour is jam-packed with the goodness of protein and essential vitamins and minerals especially calcium.
- Moong dal is a great source of protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, B, C, E, iron, calcium, and potassium.
- Potato is abundant in fiber and vitamin C. It is also a good source of Vitamin B1, B3, and B6, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
|700 Kcal||140 gm||26 gm||21 gm|
Calories= 175 Kcal/serve
Enjoy this yummy and filling moong dal mini bun!