Most of you would be amazed to know that we have Gut bacteria of weight more than 2.5 kgs inside our stomach. Your body contains trillions of bacteria.
Research claims that lean people have 70% more healthy/good gut bacteria when compared to obese people.
Your gut bacteria can also affect how different foods are digested and produce chemicals that helps you feel full and satiated.
There are hundreds of different types of bacteria residing in your intestines.
Diversification was, is and always be the key. Different variety of bacteria performs different functions, and thus it is important that you have diverse good gut bacteria in your gut.
Benefits of Having Strong & Diverse Good Gut Bacteria :
- Promotes healthy digestion.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Increases nutritional absorption.
- Promote weight loss.
- Helps keep stomach flat.
- Supports hormonal balance.
- Boosts energy levels.
- Improve mood and mental health.
- Helps you live longer.
What makes up your gut Bacteria ?
Your present diet, family genes, Stress, environment, and medication use plays a large role in determining what kinds of microbiota resides in the gut.
Diverse Gut Bacteria.
- Lactobacillus: 50 different species of lactobacillus are existing.
- Bifidobacterium: It comes in about 30 different strains.
- Streptococcus thermophilus.
- Saccharomyces boulardii.
Probiotics are Good living bacteria that are good for you, especially your digestive system. Therefore, you need to consume a diet rich in probiotics. If you think what could be the possible source of Probiotics, then the answer is MANY!
Indian Probiotic Food
- Fresh Homemade curd.
- Chaas made with fresh curd.
- Kanji drink.
- Kvass drinks.
- Ambli ( fermented Grains or millets ).
- Fermented breakfast preparation ( dosa, Idli, dhokla, Uttapam ).
- Homemade pickles.
- Fermented veggies.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Kefir ( fermented probiotic milk drink).
- Kombucha ( fermented tea Preparation).
- Some types of paneer.
Prebiotics are specialized plant filers. Prebiotics and probiotics work together to encourage the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Prebiotics are the types of fiber that feed the friendly bacteria in your gut. So along with the richness of probiotics in your diet, you also need to consume prebiotic rich food for more benefits.
Top Foods Rich in Prebiotic.
- Banana ( Specially Raw)
- Lentils / dals
- Flax seeds
- Onion & garlic
- Wheat bran
- Sweet potato
There are also some natural ways apart from these food sources, that can help you promote and increase healthy good gut bacteria.
Assured ways to improve your Gut Bacteria.
- Eat Natural Probiotics.
- Consume plenty of prebiotics.
- Focus on combining different sources of vegetarian protein sources to diet for increasing the quality of protein in diet.
- Eat traditional grains & millets.
- Consume healthy pure fat ( virgin coconut oil or desi cow ghee in moderation).
Bad bacteria causes inflammation in your body and leads to poor digestion, joint pain, bloating, gas, acidity, heart problem etc. and it can also lead to various nutritional deficiencies.
So, Start improving your gut health from your next meal.