Welcome back to another recipe video of my favorite millet grain that I name as “Wonder Grain” for women especially.
Being richest source of plant-based iron, it offers numerous health benefits. The one and only con of this grain is its bland taste, covering that for you I present you a delicious and nutritious “Ragi Recipe”, that is also very prominent in South India.
- Helps in controlling diabetes.
- Aids in weight loss and management.
- Improves bone strength.
- Boosts skin and hair health.
- Bolsters the immune system.
- Eases digestion.
- Excellent source of iron for females.
|Ragi flour||1 cup|
|Sesame seeds||2 tsp.|
|Dried/Fresh Coconut||1/3 cup|
|Virgin coconut oil/ Desi cow ghee||1.5 tsp.|
- Add ragi flour to a bowl.
- To it, add water gradually by mixing it.
- Once it is slightly wet, sieve it to a cloth to get fine powder.
- Now take a big vessel, half filled with water.
- And place the sieved ragi flour placed on the cloth inside it with a lid on.
- Keep that on flame for steaming.
- One steamed, take it out.
- In a pan, add virgin coconut oil, and add chopped almonds, cashew nuts, black and yellow raisins.
- Toss them a bit.
- Now add sesame seeds, and toss again.
- To it, add steamed ragi flour.
- Meanwhile, add desiccated coconut and jaggery into a grinder/ mixer.
- Grind them well, and transfer to the pan.
- Mix everything nicely.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Let it cool a bit, and enjoy.
- Ragi is enriched with the goodness of macronutrients and noteworthy levels of micronutrients including calcium, iron, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, vitamin C, and E.
- Sesame seeds are loaded with the goodness of zinc, selenium, copper, iron, vitamin B6, and Vitamin E.
- Black raisins are a good source of calcium, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Yellow raisins are rich in fiber, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Cashews are an excellent source of magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin B6, and K.
- Coconuts are highly rich in manganese, along with being fairly rich in selenium, copper, and iron.
- Almonds are jam-packed with the goodness of various micronutrients including magnesium, vitamin E, and micronutrients including protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber.
- Jaggery is an excellent source of plant-based iron, along with being rich in potassium, calcium, zinc, selenium, and manganese.
|860 Kcal||154 gm||18 gm||20 gm|
Calories= 71 Kcal/serve.