Salads are always been my favorite, so easy to make, don’t require much efforts or availability of ingredients and yet so delicious and nutritious.
You can add in anything easily feasible, high in fiber and you are good to go.
But if you are able to introduce some twist and add protein and other essential vitamins and minerals along with the fiber, then that will be considered as “Cherry on the pie”
This “Healthy chana salad” is rich in protein, fiber, and a lot of essential vitamins and minerals too!
- Helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Helps preventing some types of cancer.
- Lowers the risk of eye problems.
- Maintains blood sugar level.
- Aids in digestion and relieves constipation.
- Helps in the process of weight loss.
|1||Roasted Chana Dal||2 tbsp.|
|2||Roasted Peanuts||2 tbsp.|
|3||Tomato (Seeds removed)||1|
|10||Olive oil||1 tsp.|
|11||Lemon juice||2 tsp.|
|13||Red chili flakes||To taste.|
|14||Black pepper||To taste.|
|15||Dried herbs||To taste.|
|16||Chat masala||To taste.|
|17||Chopped garlic (optional)||some|
- In a bowl, add lemon juice, salt, chat masala, chili flakes, dried herbs, olive oil, honey, and mix it well.
- Your salad dressing is ready!
- Now add Roasted peanuts in mortar and pestle, and grind them well.
- Add it to the dressing bowl, then again use mortar and pestle to grind the roasted chana dal.
- Transfer the chana dal mixture to the same dressing bowl.
- In another bowl, add all the veggies including cucumber, corns, tomato, capsicum, and the ground mixture of peanuts and chana dal along with the dressing.
- Toss it well with the help of spoons.
- Transfer the salad to the serving bowl, top it off with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Chana dal is rich in B-complex vitamins and protein.
- Peanuts are an excellent source of magnesium, folate, vitamin E, copper, and arginine.
- Vegetables are an extreme source of fiber and a plenty of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats and contains a nice amount of Vitamin E and K.
|230 Kcal||35 g||9 g||10.45 g|
Enjoy the delicious and appetizing salad to give a boost to the day!