Kids are always looking for attractive and appealing snacks and meals. This makes it difficult for the parents to feed them nutrients and serve them something appealing at the same time.
So now have a look at this wonderfully appealing, tasty, and nutritious “Moong Dal Cheese Toast” Recipe.
This recipe is enriched with the goodness of moong dal, whole wheat bread, and veggies. When these food ingredients are incorporated within a toast and topped up with a cheese slice, they not only appeal well but even tastes much better.
I know this information gives you relief and happiness, both altogether, but before that have a look at the health benefits it offers:
- Enhances skin appearance.
- Helps maintain blood pressure.
- Improves digestive health.
- Aids in weight loss.
- Improves Heart health.
- Boost blood circulation.
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
Calories: 200 Kcal/ Serve
|1.||Whole Wheat Bread||2 Slices|
|2.||Overnight Soaked Moong Dal||½ cup|
|4.||Cheese Slice/ Grated Mozzarella Cheese||1 Slice/ 1 tbsp.|
|5.||Salt||As per taste|
|6.||Dried Herbs||As per taste|
|7.||Black Pepper Powder||As per taste|
|8.||Roasted Cumin Powder||As per taste|
|10.||DiSano Extra Light Olive Oil||Little|
Note: I use DiSano Extra Light Olive Oil, as:
It is perfect for all types of Indian Cooking, with a perfect smoke point that protects you from Toxic fumes.
Also, it is obtained from high-quality Spanish olives.
It is best suitable for all Indian Cooking like greasing Parantha, sautéing, frying, or normal cooking.
Features: Zero cholesterol, Low Saturated Fat, and may help in lowering bad cholesterol.
It is high in healthy fats- MUFA and PUFA (Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids).
Extra Light in Aroma and Flavor and doesn’t change the taste of the preparation.
- In a mixer, add soaked moong dal, herbs, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, and water, and mix well.
- Meanwhile, on one bread slice, start assembling.
- Place a cheese slice, and on top of it some chopped tomatoes, and cover it with another bread slice.
- Now on an open plate, pour the prepared batter, and dip the pair of bread slices into it.
- After that coat, the bread slices nicely with the batter and transfer it to a pan.
- Cook from each side on medium to low heat until it’s cooked and crisp.
Moong Dal is packed with protein and is low on carbohydrates. It is enriched with minerals and vitamins such as potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, folate, vitamins B6, E, C, and K.
Tomato is a decent source of Vitamin K, folate, potassium, and Vitamin C.
|400 Kcal||116 g||52 g||15.5 g|
Calories: 200 Kcal/ Serve
Try this amazing recipe, enjoy its taste and experience the nourishment provided by it!