Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing great and are keeping healthy and happy. May weight loss challenge is all about being fit and healthy and making those small changes in your routine that make a huge difference. These are some of the basic and yet highly effective weight loss habits that you can inculcate. Followed religiously, these habits will definitely assist you in losing that extra weight.
There are certain inescable things which you must do to ensure steady weight loss and to maintain a healthy mind and body. We’ll cover some basic but very important things which you must do to lose weight. The long term returns of doing these simple things are most beneficial. It’ll help you help to live a healthy lifestyle and achieve hormonal balance, healthy skin and hair and boost metabolism.
- Let’s go over the essentials
- S : Sleep
- C : Cravings
- H : Hunger
- E : Energy
- M : Mood
- E : Emotions
How to improve quality and quantity of sleep ?
- Use the simple 5-4-3-2-1 formula for better sleep
- Stop caffeine five hours before going off to sleep
- Wind up work atleast four hours before sleep
- Finish eating three hours before bed time
- Digital detox two hours before bed time
- Start your night routine one hour before sleep
- Meditate, read, have a bed time drink and herbal teas etc
How to control cravings ?
- Cravings are different from hunger
- Cavings are felt in the brain and hunger in the gut
- Sometimes we’re not hungry, we just crave for food
- All this is associated with brain chemistry and the stress hormones
- Keep healthy food in sight
- Makes healthy swap
- Cocoa for coffee
- Herbal drink for tea
- Stay hydrated
- Use hacks like staring at a blue object, tap your forehead. These help
- Instead of completely avoiding your favorite snacks, start with reducing portion size
How to manage hunger ?
- Diet to curb hunger
- Eat food with more fibre, protein and water
- Consume herbs to maintain blood sugar levels
- Have healthy snacks like fruits etc
- Have snacks which are high in protein in evenings
- Eat without distractions and eat slowly
- Choose the right food combination
- Perform montly water fasting, weekly fruit fasting and vegetable detox
- Give rest to your digestive system
How to stay energetic ?
- Boost physical energy with exercise
- Do 30-40 minutes of dedicated workout with mix of strength, yoga etc
- Walk for 2 minutes every hour during the day
- Maintain electrolyte balance in your body
- Mix a pinch of salt, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp honey and consume for instant energy
- Take frequent breaks (do deep breathing / meditation) during these breaks
- Ideally, one should take five minutes break after every 50 minutes of work
- Take short 30 minutes afternnon naps
- Use caffeine wisely
- Avoid multitasking, take frequent water breaks
How to manage mood swings ?
- Organise and de clutter
- Hud someone, try to laugh
- Listen to music
- Go for a slow walk
- Sit in silence for a few minutes
- Make yourself a choclate drink
How to generate positive emotions ?
- Create a positive environment
- Surrond yourself with things which motivate you
- Avoid negative people
- Perform positive affirmations at the start of any day
- Be grateful, show gratitude