All of my female friends who are tired of their hormonal imbalance, I got your back!
This diet plan is meant for hormonal balance and weight loss in women. It’s a full one-month meal plan, tips and drinks for balancing hormones.
Some important aspects of this diet plan include:
- Hormonal balancing herbs.
- Probiotics — no milk but dahi and chaas.
- Some seeds like kalonji, aliv seeds and chia seeds.
- Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Fresh seasonal fruits and veggies.
- Quality protein.
- Lots of fibre, pseudo grains & seasonal millets.
Morning is a crucial segment of the day, and it needs to be started with something very nourishing and soothing at the same time. So here are some ideas with their scheduled time:
- 1st 15 days: 4-5 tulsi leaves soaked in water overnight.
- Next 15 days: Kalonji seeds infused water.
40 minutes later after the consumption of morning drink: Consume one tsp. of soaked raisins and 1 Walnut, followed by One serving of fresh fruit. It could be any seasonal fruit as per season and availability.
For the breakfast, follow the Ayurvedic plating method & eat as per activity level.
|GRAIN (25%)||PROTEIN (25-30%)||VEGGIES (40-45%)||HEALTHY FAT (5%)|
|Poha (Once/week)||Sprouts||Seasonal Veggies|
1. Don’t consume them raw.
2. Have steamed, roasted or sauteed veggies.
|Oats (Twice-thrice)||Boiled chana||Desi cow ghee|
|Ragi (Once)||Tofu/ Soy paneer (Nicely cooked)||Virgin Olive Oil/ Pure mustard oil.|
|Moong dal mix (Once)||Boiled egges|
|Fermented grains (Twice-thrice)||Vegan protein powder|
|Wheat/ Dalia (Once-Twice)||Nuts/Seeds or Nut butter.|
|Pseudo grain (Once)||Yogurt|
|Besan (Once)||Low fat paneer|
|Little millets (Once)|
HORMONAL BALANCING DRINK.
For hormonal drink, the recipe is as follows:
- Combine 1 tsp of shatavari, ashwagandha in water add honey or desi khand in 200 ml water.
- Consume this drink twice a day.
- You can consume it firstly after 45 minutes of breakfast, and secondly as a bedtime drink.
Snacks are very important to survive the day! Mid-morning and evening snack are required to be consumed in order to maintain a well-balanced day.
- For Mid-morning snack: One fresh seasonal fruit or 1/8 tsp of Aliv seeds in curd.
- For Evening snack: Chia pudding, Makhana, coconut water, homemade Ladoo
For lunch, the plate should consist of the following things in order to be considered as a balanced meal:
(1 protein, 2 slow carbs and probiotics Chaas or Dahi).
|CARBS (30-40%)||PROTEIN (25-30%)||VEGGIES (30%)||PROBIOTICS|
|Brown rice (Twice)||Legumes (Chana/Rajma)||Seasonal veggies (Slightly cooked)||1 cup Homemade dahi.|
|Whole wheat (Twice)||Pulses||1 glass Chaas|
|Ragi (Twice)||Soy cooked.||Kadhi|
|Quinoa/ Amaranth (Once)||Skip.||Raita (No tempering)|
|Barley (Jau)||Fatty fish|
POST LUNCH DIGESTIVE TEA.
This has to be consumed 45 minutes post lunch.
Ingredients to be added in the tea includes: Ginger, mint, fennel seeds / cinnamon.
Consume it with lemon juice or ACV.
Take a small nap 30 min post meal to relax the body.
For dinner, consider the following meal options:
|CARBS (20%)||PROTEIN (40-45%)||VEGGIES (30%)||HEALTHY FAT (5-10%)|
|Whole wheat||Low fat paneer/ Tofu||Seasonal veggies||Desi ghee|
|Dalia (Wheat, oats, and barley)||Eggs|
Apart from food and meals, there are plenty of factors that can cause hormonal imbalance.
Some lifestyle tips to cure hormonal balance:
- Exercise regularly.
- Manage stress.
- Perform breathing exercises.
- Follow a routine.
- Practice mindful eating
- Eat slow.
- Eat without distractions and chew properly.
- Avoid use of plastic and chemicals.
- Avoid packaged and ready to eat food (food with additives).
- Take good quality and quantity of sleep.
- Avoid excessive caffeine.
In this manner, you can improve and even finish the issue of “Hormonal Imbalance”!