In India, ragi porridge, often referred to as finger millet porridge, is a preferred morning dish since it is filling and simple to prepare. Ragi flour is cooked with milk and water, then sweetened with jaggery or sugar and a dash of cardamom powder. This porridge is a fantastic way to start the day with a nutritious and satisfying breakfast because it is high in fibre, protein, and minerals. For added flavour and nutrients, it can be served warm with chopped nuts and dried fruits on top.
|Ragi flour||1/2 cup|
|Jaggery/ Sugar||2 tbsp.|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 tsp.|
|Chopped nuts and dried fruits (Optional)||Handful|
- In a small bowl, mix the ragi flour with 1/2 cup of water to make a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan, bring the remaining water to a boil. Add the ragi paste to the boiling water and stir well to prevent lumps from forming.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the ragi cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the milk, jaggery or sugar, cardamom powder, and salt to the ragi mixture. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the porridge reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
- Turn off the heat and let the porridge cool for a few minutes.
- Serve the porridge warm in bowls, topped with chopped nuts and dried fruits if desired.
- Enjoy your nutritious and delicious ragi porridge for breakfast!
- Ragi flour is a good source of dietary fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and other minerals. It is also gluten-free and low in fat.
- Milk is a good source of calcium, protein, vitamin D, and other essential nutrients. It also adds a creamy texture and flavor to the porridge.
- Jaggery is a source of simple carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body, along with being rich in iron and other minerals.
- Cardamom powder is a spice that adds flavor to the porridge. It is also a source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Nuts and dried fruits are sources of healthy fats, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. They add texture and flavor to the porridge and can also increase its nutritional value.
|302 Kcal||50 gm||11 gm||6 gm|
Total Servings: 2
Enjoy the very healthy and satiating weight loss breakfast recipe.