Sattu cheela is a traditional North Indian dish that is not only delicious but also incredibly healthy. Made with roasted gram flour (sattu) and a few basic ingredients like onions, coriander leaves, and spices, this dish is an excellent source of protein, fiber, and essential nutrients. It is also low in fat and calories, making it a perfect breakfast or snack option for weight watchers. Sattu cheela is easy to make and can be served with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup for added flavor. Whether you’re looking for a nutritious breakfast or a quick snack, sattu cheela is a great choice that is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling full and energized all day long.
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup.|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp.|
|Red chili powder||1/4 tsp.|
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sattu, onions, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency. Mix well to remove any lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add a few drops of oil and spread it evenly on the pan.
- Pour a ladleful of the sattu batter onto the center of the pan. Spread it in a circular motion to make a thin crepe.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil around the edges of the cheela. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown and crisp.
- Flip the cheela using a spatula and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the sattu cheela from the pan and serve hot with mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter to make more cheelas.
- Sattu is a rich source of protein, fiber, and essential minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium. It is low in fat and calories, making it a healthy choice for weight watchers.
- Onions are low in calories and rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. They also contain a compound called quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Coriander leaves are a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as antioxidants and essential oils. They also have anti-inflammatory and digestive properties.
- Turmeric is a spice that contains curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound. It also has antibacterial, antifungal, and immune-boosting properties.
- Red chili powder is a good source of vitamin C and antioxidants. It also contains capsaicin, which has pain-relieving and metabolism-boosting properties.
- Salt is an essential mineral that helps regulate fluid balance, muscle function, and nerve impulses in the body.
|234 Kcal||22 gm||11 gm||2 gm|
Serving size= 1