Vegetable quinoa khichdi is a delicious and healthy twist to the traditional Indian khichdi recipe. This dish combines the goodness of quinoa, a high-protein grain, with a variety of mixed vegetables to create a wholesome and nutritious meal. It is seasoned with aromatic spices like cumin, turmeric, and red chili powder, which not only add flavor but also offer numerous health benefits. This recipe is easy to make and can be cooked in a pressure cooker or a pot, making it a perfect option for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. The dish is also vegan and gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions
|Mixed vegetables (Carrots, peas, green beans, corn)
|Red chili powder
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds. Let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté for a minute until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they are slightly cooked.
- Add the quinoa and mix well with the vegetables.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook on high flame for 2-3 whistles. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and mix the khichdi well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note: If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can also make this khichdi in a pot or saucepan. Just increase the amount of water to 3 cups and cook the khichdi covered on low heat until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- Quinoa is a high-protein grain that is low in fat and a good source of fiber and carbohydrates.
- Mixed vegetables are low in calories and high in fiber, providing a variety of vitamins and minerals.